shoe love - i want/how can i have?

May 25, 2013


Sometimes the strangest looking things that you never thought you'd like or even wear grow on you, like these lace-up sandal boot hybrids. Originally seen in Ann Demeulemeester's Spring 2009 collection, they've been around for awhile. 


I've been looking for a similar pair (because really, who has $1000 to drop on shoes?) on and off for the last year. I debated getting the Rebecca Minkoff lace-up sandal boot wedges but ended up passing on them because the fit reviews were all over the place and I had no idea what size to order. I'm glad I waited because I found a similar pair by Jeffrey Campbell + Free People (we all know how much I love their collaborations!) that I like better, for way less.

 
The Minimal Lace Up Heel.

What's not to love?
 

8 thoughts:

  1. A little bit strange, but the browns are my favourite ones :)

    Gemma
    http://www.taipeistreetstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing that a designer can combine boots, sandals and lace up fronts in one shoes and actually start a trend. I'm not sure that I'm ready to wear those, but they look strangely cut on the model's feet

    ReplyDelete
  3. they would be perfect for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great! I love them in brown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those Jeffery Campbell and Free people shoes collabs are always dangerous. (Why do they all have to look so great? There was a pair of lace up thigh-high military style boots that I drooled over for the longest time.) These look much closer to the original, they look really substantial and actually comfortable to wear where I always thought Rebecca M shoes always looked really UN-comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always loved these, have even been stalking a pair on ebay : )

    xo,
    Cindi
    Breakfast at Cindi’s

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these shoes but I keep waiting for them to go on sale. Wishful thinking probably. Maybe I should just go on and treat myself!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger