Nostalgia

May 4, 2013

 
seems like being pregnant was so long ago!
 
I went for a check up this week at the hospital and was hit was a wave of nostalgia walking through the front doors. Was it really only a few weeks ago that I walked through these very same doors and travelled up to the obstetrics floor knowing it was almost time to meet my daughter? It's been less than a month yet it feels like it happened so long ago! Walking past the coffee shop I can't believe it was only three weeks ago that my mom and I went there for coffee and a snack while Jay and a one day old Tavi napped in a room upstairs. How can it feel like both forever and brand new at the same time?!

10 thoughts:

  1. What a perfect way to describe this time in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my son turned a month old I thought that he would be grown up and on his own in about 216 more months. And I cried. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet... I have a two year old and was just going through his baby pics last night and can't believe how fast it goes! xx Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last sentence is the perfect description!! Forever but sooo soo new. That's motherhood in a nutshell.

    xx
    josie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing news... I wish you all the best Emmett.
    Great post! Cool photos!

    http://zoharous.blogspot.com
    http://thewritingsofaghanaiangirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a way with words :) Also you certainly had the pregnancy glow, xEloise

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, that sounds amazing! Must be really overwhelming. Nice to hear that it feels like a long time ago, so your days are really full of joy now, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited to experience this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy huh??? This motherhood business really puts things in prospective. I loved being pregnant and I swear I miss it so much that I long for the next pregnancy. In due time of course.

    ReplyDelete
  10. None of my close friends have had babies yet but I think we're on the cusp of that wave so I've been enjoying this peek into motherhood through your eyes. You do a nice job at conveying the little things us not-yet-mothers wouldn't think about, like the bittersweetness of a return to the hospital.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger