GUEST POST: Girls Love Fried Pickles

May 23, 2013

*** Today marks the last of my guest post series, and we'll be ending on a humorous note :) Dusty and I share an off-side sense of humour, which is one of the many reasons we've became friends. She has a big heart and our email exchanges always bring a smile to my face. I can always count on her to see the funny side of every situation! ***
 
Hello, friends and fans of the Hippie Chic! I am a Hippie Chic too. I’m a chic, you’re a chic, everywhere a chic, chic. Truthfully, I am not as cool as Little Miss Boho, but I sure love the heck out of her. This was one of the first fashion blogs I ever started following. I will remain loyal and now that there is a Boho baby involved, I will be glued forever.

I am thrilled to be here. My name is Dusty and I blog over at Girls Love Fried Pickles. Yes, I am from the states, Tennessee to be exact, and its not a southern delicacies unless you can fry it up dripping with grease served with a mystery sauce.

I am sorta old at 41. I maintain that the 40’s are the new 20’s. I am also a mother of an 8 year old son, I kindly refer to on my homestead as “The Kid”.  It’s so funny because I wasn’t ever sure I wanted kids. I was having fun, made it past my thirties and all of the sudden my loins said, “look if you are going to do this, you better get crackin.” So, I did and it took me awhile but at 8 months pregnant, swollen up like the Goodyear Blimp, I had the sweetest boy. I didn’t get to baste him as long as I wanted to but honestly, I was so over being pregnant, I just wanted him out. I seriously didn’t care if he came out 3 different holes, I was done with it. I remember the C-section and the doctor brought him out and said, “Here’s your son”. And all I could say is, “Oh my God, he’s got his daddy’s hairline.” That’s what happens when you get the high juice cocktail. I was numb from the neck down and delusional. I also said, he sounded like a duck when he cried. I was scared, my blood pressure was through the roof and fairly certain at that time I was never going to feel my legs again.

But I wouldn’t change a thing. I always wanted a girl but that’s what I get for wishing. And truthfully, me being a princess and then having a princess, well, there is only room for one Queen. So I have a little Prince. He’s a riot! Boys are fun. They really love their mothers a lot. It really is true what they say about “Moma’s Boys”. He was actually a very good baby, except the child never slept. I was a walking zombie. He had the curliest blond hair and the sweetest little lisp and I blink my eyes and now his hair is still dirty blonde, with a boy hair cut, he’s got big teeth not in a horse kind of way, I mean like he lost his teeth and they have grown in. He loves the outdoors. Why just a few weeks ago, he kept asking me this weird question. “Mom, have you ever pooped in the woods?” “Uh, no, why?” “I was just wondering.” Well, come to find out he and his little co-conspirator whom I am sure will be in detention beside him one day, decided to experiment. There’s a house not far from ours with an abandoned tree house. The Kid decides that he wants to know what its like to poop in the woods. Mind you we live in the city. He let it rip and being the good friend that Miguel is, he brought him toilet paper. Uh, he could have walked home. We are like four houses down. Needless to say, I wasn’t very please, but I did find it humorous although he did just create his own illegal dumping site.

I guess it all works out for a reason. This motherhood thing is defiantly a challenge, but my one piece of advice to my Hippie friend and her little Papoose would be to grow together. Let your children be who they are. Be their friends but only to a certain level and let them know that Moma is just a little bit crazy. Believe me it works.

Thanks loves for reading my story. You can find this and a lot more crazypalooza on my blog. You can also follow me on Twitter and every other social media there is, but mainly, just come over and say hi and stay a while. It’s fun, I promise.
Happy Days,
Dusty

4 thoughts:

  1. I LOVE Dusty! The realist girl there is and def one of my faves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really well written and a great sense of humor :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. was so nice to get to know her! I love the way she writes and does indeed have a great sense of humor plus her advice on how to raise children was so great as a mom! hope your doing great! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's very good advice!! she's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger