sunday series?

Apr 14, 2013


9 months in the making/tiny feet/the name tag one of my sweet nurses made and left on Tavi's bassinet/sleeping/ flowers from Nana/he loves her

I was trying to think of a way to balance things out on the blog, how to write about my personal life amongst the outfit/art/craft beer posts. I think using Sundays as a day to do any lifestyle posts I might be inclined to write would be best, that way if you read the blog for other reasons you can skip Sundays knowing what to expect!
 
I can't believe that Tavi is 4 days old already. Every day since last Wednesday has been the best day, perfect. My sister said she cried when her little girl turned a week old because she now had to think in terms of weeks not days and I think I might do the same. I wish I could stretch time out, make it go slower, make these newborn days last a little bit longer.
 
I've been trying to write as much as I can in a journal, sticking all my mementos of pregnancy, childbirth and Tavi in there too. I know in time the details will fade away from my memory and I'll remember only general feelings but this way it's recorded forever. Besides re-reading it during her teenage years (should they be challenging!), I plan on giving Tavi the journal when she's going to become a mother.
 
Regular outfit posts will return in a few weeks when I actually have a routine! I'm behind on emails & comments, apologies if I haven't gotten back to you yet.
 

 
 

22 thoughts:

  1. Ugh my newborn days are such a blur.. between the exhaustion and the constant feedings I barely remember anything. Sometimes I sit back and try so hard. Document as much as you can! Live in the moment as best you can! Cherish both the good and bad things (easier said than done).

    PS: My goal was not to let my blog turn into a complete mommy blog -- and it isnt -- but when something big happens, like the birth of your first child, SHIT CHANGES. So it's okay if you blog about life outside of Sunday.

    Glad baby and momma are doing well!

    xx
    josie
    www.straightnochase.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww she's gorgeous. Congratulations and enjoy your adorable little bundle of joy.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the new addition series. I love the journal idea and saving it for her. Enjoy the precious moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it does go fast and it is so bittersweet. Sadly, we do forget so much of it so I really encourage you to write something everyday. If I could go back that is one thing that I would change. Gretchen Rubin, who wrote the Happiness Project has a journal out for new mothers. It is a 5 year journal and all you need to write is one sentence everyday. (The Happiness Project One-Sentence Journal for Mothers)

    Sending you love and many congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute, Em, your little girl is sooo cute and you both are looking so happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's stunning and I adore the picture with her daddy, beautiful. Please don't feel the need to rush back into regular blog posting until you're ready. I hope you're able to cherish every moment with Tavi. The scrapbook/journal idea is brilliant and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet! I am so happy for you!! I'm also excited for your sunday lifestyle posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keeping a journal to give to your daughter is such a beautiful idea! She is so adorable, thank you for sharing her with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, she is precious! Congratulations! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! I hope everything went well and continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will always read Sunday! Especially if this beautiful new beauty is on here :) She is absolutely adorable! I can't wait till July to meet my little baby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, loving the pic. Please take all the time you need, we'll be here when you are ready and have more time.

    By the way her name is really original and pretty. Enjoy these first few days with your little girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a little beauty! congrats to you. treasure this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the idea of sundays being for your lifestyle posts and most definitely won't skip them. she is absolutely stunning I journaled with my son as well and you are right the newborn days fly right by so you have to enjoy them as much as possible now! feel good! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. completely precious em k! so glad you are keeping a journal, to remember it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your new baby! Precious. I think the blog world will forgive you that you haven't done any outfit posts considering you might be living in jammies and kinda busy right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to read more of your new mommy stories since I'm in the same boat.:0)

    I felt the same way. I wanted to take pictures every minute so I can remember these days forever. They change so much so quickly. Cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can bet that I'll be checking in on Sundays! I think it's wonderful that you're doing everything you can to immortalize these moments in time. I'm sure the journal will become a cherished family item. There is absolutely no need to apologize for being behind on blogging. You should be enjoying this time without carrying any guilt.

    I find I already see some of your features in Tavi!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh those cheeks. I would kiss them all day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. she is so beautiful! ahhh, take your time and cherish the moments ... we will be here when you return :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww no worries - you just had a baby!! Your life is a little chaotic right now... enjoy the moments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger