GUEST POST: Hippy at Heart

Apr 30, 2013

*** I've been reading Romy's blog since she first began it (and followed her old one too), we both have similar tastes in clothing, but her style is much more rock & roll than mine! I always enjoy seeing what Romy is wearing, doing and how her apartment remodel is going, I think you guys will enjoy her blog too! ***

Hi there, my name is Romy, a girl from Germany who loves the late 60s, California, and all things boho. I'm a true hippy at heart and I love living a free, happy, and pleasant life full of joy and inspiration. that's why, Hippy at Heart is just the perfect name for my blog!

My blog is very personal - I love writing about my style, my latest bargains from ebay or the sales and of course about decorating my home!




Modern meets vintage: Helmut Lang Eon leather sleeve jacket, Winter Kate silk dress and Jeffrey Campbell shoes paired with a vintage bag

I'm a bit nerdy when it comes to my fave f's - fashion and furniture! Currently, I re-decorated my whole apartment with a mix of Scandinavian Mid-century Modern furniture, basics from Ikea and Cali design classic from Eames and Saarinen. I love mixing up designer, contemporary and vintage pieces and this goes for both, my wardrobe and my flat.




Some of my Mid-Century Modern Furniture, paired with Southwestern details
 

Personal details: Vintage tooled L.A. bag, bought in Barcelona and a picture of our San Francisco vacation
 
My fave fashion brand is All Saints from the UK that offers high quality, basic yet edgy stuff that goes so well with my vintage finds from my travels – like this Mexican tooled leather jacket I bought in Los Angeles or my beloved vintage Ray ban Aviators! And yes, I’m obsessed with hats! This one here is from Urban Outfitters, San Francisco.
 

My best vintage find so far: Mexican tooled leather jacket bought in L.A.
 
 
All Saints (almost) head to toe: love their boots and coats, pants by Rag&Bone
 
Travelling is another thing I really love about life. Last year, me and my hubby did a road trip in California and it really was my dream vacation, can’t wait to go back one day!
 
Me in Venice Beach, L.A., wearing a thrifted top by Joie
 

 
Me on the Golden Gate Bridge, wearing a denim shirt by Madwell and a Kelim backpack from Barcelona
 

9 thoughts:

  1. What a great post! I adore Romy, she's a beautiful free spirit with infinite style and a heart of gold. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thanks so much vix! and of cause thanks so much for the feature and your kind words, emmett katherine!

      Delete
  2. Hi there!! Congratulations Emmett Katherine on the birth of your gorgeous baby girl and love the guest post too, both of you ladies are very stylish and inspirational with your outfits and blogs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Romy, its so nice to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D A guest post is really a good way to connect all blogging buddys - maybe I'll do a guest post special, too!

      Delete
  4. Hey,
    great pictures. I get wanderlust!
    And I love your hat!
    Love

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both of your blogs and your styles. Must comment more cos lately I have been a silent visitor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovley blog and really nice guest posting! ; ~ ) Love the way fashion illustrates travel here. Great images. Minerva x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger