the countdown is on!

Mar 26, 2013















 sideways cross necklaces, Aldo (large) & Etsy (small)
khaki jacket Talula (Aritzia)
studded boots Town Shoes
cropped cardigan Costa Blanca
dress random store on Bloor St W in Toronto
38 weeks pregnant
 
Ah-ha! One last dress buried in the recesses of my closet that I can use as maternity wear. I tied a little knot on the bottom to disguise the fact the dress is now a lot shorter in the front than in the back (when at one time it was floor length), but I think it does the trick. I've been stockpiling regular clothes (Aritzia & Anthropologie are killing me with their 'what's new for spring' emails) which, let me stress here, I cannot wait to wear!!!
 
I'm 38 weeks already and really, any day could be THE DAY, which is crazy when I think about it. I go back and forth between being excited and nervous about becoming a parent. Even though I've read a ton of books (my fave being this one I got for Jay) I don't feel prepared at all for the real life version of events to come. I'm ready but not ready if that makes any sense.

Lately all of the things that other moms have warned me about seem to be coming true. I no longer walk I waddle. The other day while I was waiting for the elevator a lady commented how I didn't look pregnant from behind but she could tell from far away I was because of my waddle. As much as I try to walk normally, it's pretty much out of my control at this point! I struggle to pick things up if I drop them (I imagine it's quite hilarious to see me try and get them) but people have been great - holding doors, insisting of helping me carry things when I say I can manage, letting me cut ahead of them in line at the grocery store, stuff like that. All these little gestures have been appreciated because it makes the physical discomfort a bit easier :)
  

26 thoughts:

  1. You look adorable. I love that tip about tying the skirt - I'll remember that in the next few weeks! I hear you on the whole unreality thing. At 32 weeks, the arrival of wee one still seems like a dream. Two good gal pals of mine have recently given birth and that feeling is still with them ("is this wee bundle actually mine, or is he/she on loan?"). I imagine it takes a while for everything to sink in as life changes so drastically and in ways we can't even foresee now! All the best, thinking of you! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waddling is getting your hips ready for that baby to come out! I was almost 38 weeks when our little girl popped out so it really could be any day. Good luck. Keeping my fingers crossed and good wishes coming to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh, how exciting! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ready but not ready makes perfect sense. no one is ever ready, but somehow you know what to do. best of luck! you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you!!! So close and you still look amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! You are pure preciousness in that dress with your lil prego belly! Yay for recycling clothes instead of buying new maternity wear that will only get used a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so thrilled for you! I hope you'll meet your little girl soon. Good luck on everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. any time now!!! How exciting and you still look cute as ever!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww you will be great! good luck!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's great to read that people have been helping you :)

    I'm sure you'll be a great mom and have a beautiful baby!! Blessings to your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One thing you can never prepare for is how much you are going to love this child. It is going to bowl you over and take your breath away for the rest of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the dress, you look great
    http://fashioncadet.com

    www.alwand.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful! And what an exciting time. :)

    Thank you for visiting my blog today, pretty mama!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm right there with ya! I'm 38 weeks and 6 days today. You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I describe it as turtle stage. When a turtle gets flipped on its back and can't get up, roll over and just sorta miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww yay! The baby is almost here! You look AMAZING! I remember that I started waddling at 37 weeks -- I moved soo slow, and my hips were so tired. Hang in there!

    xx
    josie
    www.straightnochase.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word, u look amazing. Any day now. They do say you can never be completely prapared for the little ones, but I guess thats what makes the journey that much more exciting. Predictability can be a bit boring I think. You'll be awesome parent.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How cute are you??? I miss my baby bump whenever I see uber-cute mamas-to-be! My boy was born at 38 weeks to the day. Wishing you a restful end to your pregnancy b/c you know there's no rest after that!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so lovely! Enjoy your time with your husban and try to get some sleep now before the baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look so beautiful. i love how you managed to use your creativity to wear all your pre-pregnancy clothes.

    can't wait to see baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you've really popped. So happy for you guys, you get to meet your little one so soon. Ah the waddle, I remember those days. Hang in there, the end is near

    ReplyDelete
  22. I literally just got the twin of that jacket in grey and I never want to take it off haha I hope these last few days are as comfortable as possible for you, take it easy, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so cute! Love the boots and the knotted maxi, very clever. And the cross necklaces are to die for! I gave birth at 37 weeks five days for my first and at 38 weeks for my second and definitely waddled in the end:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful pregnant momma! Absolutely lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. hooray for kindness, and funny books. i think my mom may have bought my brother that same book before he became a dad. all your discomfort will be worth it, when your angel arrives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looking fashionable down to the final weeks, well done! It's heart-lifting to hear of the kindness you've encountered throughout the pregnancy. I'll probably tap you to spill the beans on what to expect when pregnant, when my time comes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger