Black Baroque

Mar 10, 2013









 
Last week the flu struck and both Jay and I were out of commission. During my time confined to bed with the curtains drawn and gingerale on the night stand  I spent some time searching Etsy for mixed media art, looking for something both quirky and vintagey. I came across the shop Black Baroque and immediately ordered a couple of prints.
 
Using pages from antique books and sheet music as the background, the images are inspired by illustrations from the 1800s. The artist uses photoshop to manipulate the images and creates prints with a distinct feel. Slightly moody and dark, I think the pictures I ordered will complement my existing collection of art quite nicely!
 

17 thoughts:

  1. wow, they are lovely! love the peacock image. I think pics like these would be nice in the baby's room, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend gave me a copy of that middle print for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely prints! My favorite is the elephant with the butterflies coming out of his trunk.

      Delete
  3. lovely prints!I visited the store and I like a lot of those with the octopus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm no artist or collector but these are lovely! I'm sorry you caught the nasty bug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope you're feeling better.

    love the prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these, they're really cool. Hope you feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you were both sick. I'm glad you're feeling better :) Love these pieces. I appreciate all that is handmade and shows creativity.

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that sweet elephant one I love. Don't you live it when something speaks to you and you must have it. I hope you are feeling better. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these prints, they actually have some at Ikea now! Feel better soon K!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :( the flu is no fun! hope you are doing a lot better now! please stop by my blog and join the awesome giveaway I have going on for a smashbox under eye primer! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute stuff! These remind me of the store Wunderkrammer in the market. Have you been? It's fantastic. I love their unique jewelry and cute cards :D Hope all is well EK!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely! I love all the awesome things in Etsy! Hope your feeling better!


    Sarah XxX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what a gorgeous idea! Currently having a look myself..you might have tempted me, they're so individual! :)

    I used to blog last year then had to take a break, but now I'm back on the blogging-wagon with a new version and I'm trying to get my blog out there, I'd love it if you took a look!

    http://whatrebeccasaidnow.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey you, hope you are doing ok and that the baby is still hanging in there. Looking forward to having you back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What did we do before Etsy? I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger