Artist du jour: Charmaine Olivia

Mar 30, 2013



When photos from the eclectic San Francisco based artist Charmaine Olivia showed up in my instagram news feed I was intrigued by her sketches, colourful studio and snippets of her daily life. Clicking over to her website to view her finished work I was drawn to her sultry pieces that oozed moodiness. There's a hint of melancholy in each piece that's hauntingly beautiful. Using primarily oil or ink her shop is filled with portraits and the occasional animal.
 
I think 4 prints from her little silhouettes series would look great in our bathroom, though I’m not sure how Jay would feel about them. He finds the giant Ruben Ireland hanging in our dining room slightly terrifying and Charmaine’s work embodies the same dark feeling!
 
 

7 thoughts:

  1. Hahha I love the art work -- it's worth atleast asking, right?!

    xx
    josie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sketches, I really like the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came by to see how you are doing/feeling. I am so excited for you!!! Eeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm feeling very tired and would like this baby out!!!

      Delete
  4. Great artwork! Thanks for talking about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think her work is stunning and her silhouettes would look great in any room. The one on the right looks a bit like a Kara Walker.
      Happy Easter to you and your husband.

      Delete
  5. aww art, sigh. i so do enjoy seeing what inspires other people! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger