stars and studs

Feb 11, 2013


star print blazer Patterson J Kincaid (similar for less
lace dress (at one time it was a dress!) & belt Forever 21
maxi skirt Guess (similar)
leather jacket Tulle
necklace Modern Primitive Boutique
(31 weeks pregnant)

Sleep? What is sleep? Seems to be my motto these days. Crazy dreams, general discomfort and waking up all hours of the night for bathroom breaks makes getting a solid night's sleep impossible. Homestretch right now; I just keep reminding myself it's only a few more weeks until my little one gets here! 

It's hard to believe that a few months ago I could actually wear this lace top as a dress (remember?) and see my feet when I looked down. How things have changed! I was weighed at the doctors this morning and freaked out just a little. I just keep reminding myself my sister gained as much as I have during her pregnancies and went back to normal afterwards. Hopefully I'll be the same way!

A few of you have emailed asking about where to find similar items to what I wear on the blog, I've tried to find alternatives and link them so hopefully that helps.

48 thoughts:

  1. I adore that lace top with the stars!! I love that you just use your regular clothes are maternity. You always look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lace top! It looks amazing with the long skirt and with the stars! Love this outfit. As your pregnancy progresses, you look even more beautiful :)

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look incredible. i'm loving your baby bump!

    love your lace top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww heart! I hope I look like you when I am preganant! honestly!

    I am so excited for you! I cant believe the day will be arriving soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lace top is terrific. And sleep. Maybe sometime next year. Sorry bout that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look FANTASTIC sweets! Just beautiful. The weight will come off! My only advice is to be prudent and on top of eating healthy and exercising as soon as possible after baby. I indulged a year or two too long after baby and paid for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there!! You look really radiant and stylish, the lace dress does double style duty as a top and your star blazer is fab too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutley beautiful! I love your jacket and lace dress as a top, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You rocked it as a dress, and you're rocking it as a shirt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this whole look! you are looking amazing! the lace and leather are so nice together. feel good! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I haven't been over here in a while. You look fabulous lady!!! You're like a preggars mommy style role model:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have got to be the loveliest preggars momma-to-be ever =) This outfit is absolutely stunning =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling, you have no need to worry about the weight - motherhood is clearly treating you radiantly. You are absolutely gorgeous! You have picked out the most beautiful outfit too - the lace details are divine.

    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. work it momma! you look great
    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I don't miss those sleepless nights. You look amazing. I love your blazer. And I wouldn't worry about your weight. I am sure you will bounce back! It won't be long now! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are a gorgeous pregnant woman K, round in all the right places (just your belly it looks like!) :) My girlfriend is being induced today, wearing a shirt that she too used to wear as a clubbing dress, funny how life changes so abruptly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. okay girl you look amazing!!!! love the simple chic b+w look. lots of texture with the lace & studded belt!

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look beautiful as always em k! it's ok for you to be tired. your body is going through a lot. your lace blouse that will be a dress again looks great with the maxi skirt and star blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are probably the most stylish preggie lady I know. Love that look!!!

    Look at it this way, atleast you are being eased into the "life-of-little-sleep" :), but im pretty sure its all super worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe that you wore this as a dress before. Great combination by the way. That outfit looks so good on your bump. Keep being stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with Mrs JK's comment. You're such a gorgeous preggo lady!
    I love the way you do your hair btw!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I see this post and my first thought is "She is like the most gorgeous pregnant woman!" Then I come to the comments and see the words were already taken right out of my mouth! The lace and studs are just too cute!

    XO, Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  23. You make me want a baby bump so bad.... I wish I didn't come to your blog... just kidding, you're adorable and I'm happy I came to visit! But you aren't helping my baby fever that I have been trying to get rid of, not ready for kids quite yet!

    HOWEVER - I do look forward to following you on your pregnancy journey. Too cute!

    http://carlkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. your bump is ADORABLE. i love your style and your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very exciting and you are looking fantastic even without too much sleep. I love the lace top and star shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look great!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great outfit! Love the star pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a beautiful pregnant mamma to be you are!! thanks for stopping by this little house. bet you can't wait for your little one's arrival!

    http://littlehouseofours.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the lace "shirt". That's awesome that you're using items you already have to make your pregnancy wardrobe gorgeous! You're looking wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cutest preggo ever!!! I love the polka dot unfortunately sleep really sucks towards the end try to nap during the day!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. that star printed jacket is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh Em, you are an absolute star yourself girl! i love this pretty, feminine ensemble. the way you balance the proportions in any outfit is an art form itself. the maxi gives this long, lean silhouette and even though you are petite it creates a look of statuesque brilliance!!

    here's hoping you get some more Rip van Winkle time and ZZZ's soon too - it sucks big when you lose out on REM moments but it's all for the best cause EVER at least :) happy mid week wishes lades, hope it's gonna be a swell windup! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love it. I been wanting to wear maxis I just can't figure what shoes to wear in the cold. I been sleeping a lot since I heard 3rd trimester=no sleep

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow you look so edgy and beautiful!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look beautiful and glowing!
    The black, white and the stars are all in trend, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely, great blazer! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    http://razzdazzle.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  37. I adore this look on you! The cardigan is so cute!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  38. You look great ! Absolutely stunning !!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Adorable top! I love the lace.

    Sleep? I'm with you. What's sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  40. you look great always. the dress as top is wonderful on you. i worry I can't wear the maxi skirt in this snowy province.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Did I miss a post on the gender of this baby or did you not reveal it? And this top will return to a dress in a matter of months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we are having a girl! I mentioned it here awhile http://hippielace.blogspot.ca/2012/12/were-having.html, it's not a secret!

      Delete
  42. Cute outfit! You're doing such a great job of staying so stylish during your pregnancy. I love how you style is still the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. You are officially the cutest mama to be ever!!! Looking good doll :)

    Darcy
    The Eternal Optimist
    www.eternaloptimist88.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm loving the imagery of the expectant mama... with her lovely lace... then the badass studded belt!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger