Sigrid Natural Skin Care - Product Review

Feb 13, 2013

Last month Sigrid Natural Skin Care contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in trying some of their handmade beauty products. Since I like to support local businesses and am always looking to try new things it made sense to say yes! 

Here's what I tried and my thoughts:



Usually I stay away from body butters because I find them heavy and greasy, but that was not the case with this one. It's quite light and absorbs quickly. It has a very subtle, pleasant almond scent and made my skin incredibly soft. My belly has been very itchy during this pregnancy from my skin stretching and I found this product to be very soothing. It combated winter dryness so well that I started using it on my hands too! 


Star Bright Intensive Eye Cream

This product was very, very concentrated and I learned you only need to use the tiniest little bit. I have super dry, sensitive skin during the winter and applying this at night really has helped. The website says this eye cream can be used both during the day and at night but I prefer to use it only at night. I found it was a bit too heavy for daytime use (even under concealer) and unfortunately I need a product that both moisturises and helps combat dark circles under my eyes. 



Wild Mane Hair Oil

I absolutely loved this! My hair is very, very dry and damaged, and it needs all the help it can get! I've had a similar hair journey as Eboni but without the happy ending since I haven't stopped using my flat iron. I left this treatment in for only an hour and it has made such a difference. It washed out really easily and I noticed right away that my hair was softer and less tangled than usual. It took a bit longer to straiten my hair the next day but once I did I could see a difference. My hair felt so soft and my split ends were less noticeable.

This product smells absolutely amazing. It has an earthy scent that reminds me of walking through the woods in the summertime, it's incredibly rejuvenating and refreshing. I searched the website hoping Sigrid made candles in this scent, but they don't which is a shame because if they did I'd fill my house with them!

Overall I was impressed by these products and felt great about using things that were both good for me and good for the environment.

13 thoughts:

  1. I love body butters and love them even more when they aren't crazy oily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the eye cream recommandation. definitely need a good one, will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful review of some fabulous local products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hun
    Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!
    I just found your blog ans I love it!
    really cute lay out and interestig post!
    Check my blog if you want and maybe we can follow each other:)
    I have also a GIVEAWAY hosted in my blog!
    xoxo

    www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love supporting small businesses! this co sounds awesome and the packaging looks wonderful I hope I get to try that belly butter next time Im prego. thanks for sharing the great review! happy valentines day! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy v day! I really liked the belly butter and a huge bonus was it smelled really good and didn't irritate my sensitive skin. Plus no stretch marks so far (fingers crossed)!

      Delete
  6. this looks so great! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love finding new products, so thanks for reviewing and sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of this Wild Mane Hair Oil. I've been having so many issues with my hair being dry this wnter, and no change in product has helped. After such a raving review, I might have to go out and pick up a bottle! Thanks!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. This winter has been terrible for dry skin. I would hire a coyote to scratch my legs if I could.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the comment on my blog! Thats so cool that you were in band too! What did you play?

    I love your honest reviews of these products and I think the belly butter will be for me one day when I am pregnant. Actually... I think I just want to put it all over my dry knees and elbows now! lol

    decided to follow you, I hope you are able to visit again soon : )

    -Nico

    www.SatinandSalt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I played the flute all through high school, had one more level to take (grade 8) and then I could teach but I stopped. I should pick it up again!

      the belly butter is great, I love using it as regular moisturizer :)

      Delete
  11. I totally understand the itchy belly...i keep putting on lotion and nothing works!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger