black & blue

Feb 18, 2013


dress & chevron sweater BCBG
studded boots Feud (courtesy of Free People)
coat H&M
tights Joe Fresh (similar)
bracelets & rings Modern Primitive Boutique (similar)
lace cami Banana Republic
32 weeks/8 months pregnant

I'm pretty much over the whole abrupt high-low hemline but this dress is more of a gradual asymmetrical descent so it's ok. It's hard to tell right now because of my stomach, but under normal circumstances there wouldn't be much difference in length between the front and the back of the dress! I'm not really sure what happened but over the last year navy blue gradually became a colour I really liked. I find myself wearing it more and more often and seem to like it best when paired with black.

45 thoughts:

  1. oh yes i love blue too;) and styled with black it looks so amazing!
    and your boots are also great!
    kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. aha, those baby bumps do make everything shorter. I had one huge tunic that was dress length on me normally and when I wore it pregnant it was more of short top. I've just been astounded by your adorable pregnant style, you still have your own awesome flare and you look so pretty. (Your boots are so nice, they look like they're already perfectly broken in and I know I say this alot, but your collection of silver jewelry is fabulous. I love it when you do the close ups of your rings/bracelets/necklaces, your silver jewelry is so special.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous. Not much longer till ya have that babe. I am still trying to make my dresses work. They are definitely on the border on way too short this last week for so. The 38 week bump in them is a stretch. I have am just happy they fit over my belly in the first place. Love your boots too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the outfit and the color looks great on you. You look amazing as ever. Joi @ http://rxfitnesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an amazing outfit, love the boots and the jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've styled this outfit really well. I usually associate navy with modern looks but you've managed to give the colour your usual hippie edge. It's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so cute!! That dress is so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are incredibly beautiful, and you look great in blue! Thank you so much for your comment by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this look! you are just gorgeous. the navy and the black really work so well together. I also only started really incorporating navy into my wardrobe this year. xx gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. em k, blue and black is one of my fave combos too. you look blissfully gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Navy blue is one of my favorite colors, good to hear that it's growing on you! Your intricate silver jewelry is beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your style...im actually speechless :). I just realised I don't have much blue in my wardrobe. I tend to gravitate towards browns, reds and purples. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I love your sweater! I've got to find myself a piece in chevron.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that dress is gorgeous and you look beautiful!!! and i love your boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are Beatifull !! When i were pregnancy( 3 times!!) i had the same look! Kisses from Rome Federica smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute! I love black and blue - definitely needs to be paired together more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wore turtlenecks in the winter when I was pregnant. I felt like one of those all in one bedding sets most days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I could handle a turtleneck, I'm always hot and overheating! Most days I wear tanks under my sweaters/shirts so I can strip down and be comfortable!

      Delete
  18. You look gorgeous! And I love the name of your blog :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog; it's great to meet you!

    xo
    Kym
    bitty.and.bunny

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very gorgeous! Looking super cute!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The baby bump doesn't change the way you look at all, still great style, still looking gorgeous. Salute.

    nadya
    eyeshadow illustrator
    The Dilly Chic

    ReplyDelete
  21. Navy and black is one of my favorite color combos on you. I love the tights and boots. Your pregnancy style is amazing. I've seem many moms to be and they dress oh so plain and boring, but not you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looking at you navy is really a beautiful color!
    Thanks for your visit at my blog and commenting on the pizza-post: it's our little own sunday-tradition :-) Every Sunday there's a pizza for dinner!

    All the best for you and the baby!
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are a gorgeous little momma! I love your whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so gorgeous! Love this dress on you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The coat is lovely! I especially like the faux fur detailing! Great piece for winter xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love navy and black also! It's sort of an edgy combination and always looks sophisticated. You have amazing style-the layering is superb and I think your accessories are lovely. Have a blessed day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can see why you wear navy- it is a very rich and flattering color on you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Navy blue and black are the best color combos out there! I love how you did it too with the cool boots and jacket.
    Love how your looking supa stylish <3

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  29. love your chic bump style Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. they say don't pair navy with black, but I completely disagree especially after seeing it on you. ps, great boots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love navy and black, and how that awesome sweater ties the colors together! You're rockin that bump girl--you're my inspiration for when mine gets a little bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Aww, what a lovely and stylish momma-to-be you are! I love the way you layered and the chevron print is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loving your dress and those boots are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the blue chevron print! Great look! I also love how you mixed navy and black. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Black and blue are definitely a great combination. I definitely like that pairing too.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the pattern on your sweater...fun! Your maternity style is so awesome. The jewelry is so amazing!

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. love the dress & chevron sweater BCBG, LOVE studded boots Feud, love coat H&M and lace cami

    lovely 32 weeks/8 months pregnant belly. you are looking simply divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. You are so adorable! I am so into chevron right now, I love this outfit xx - Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  39. You look GORGEOUS :) Love this color combo on you and the print :) Pregnancy looks good on you! Also, thanks for your comment on my old blog, however I just moved to a new site! Hope you can stop by soon!

    xo Ashley
    thetiniestfirecracker.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your outfit babe! Great maternity wear. Lovely blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Is there any need to comment?
    Yes off-coarse.
    Cause you look great in this outfit.I love that color combination.Nice and chic jewelry.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger