went for Warhol, discovered Houle

Jan 24, 2013

 
 Yesterday we headed downtown (Calgary) to check out the Andy Warhol Athlete Series Exhibition. While we were there we discovered an interesting presentation upstairs full of dark humor. Terrance Houle's performance for his National Indian Leg Wrestling League of North America installment was playing in the background of a room filled with posters and a wrestling ring. Relying heavily on the dark comedic aspects cultural stereotypes his work made quite the statement.
 
 
Apologies that the comments aren't working, I can see that you guys are leaving them, yet blogger is erasing them. I'm looking into a fix, hopefully the problem is resolved soon.

12 thoughts:

  1. Looks like a great time perusing art. I love the idea of having a ring there too to hold his work all together!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool! I always mean to get out to exhibits more, but yeah... you know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really great pic, never have seen them - thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat exhibit and you remind me that I haven't been to a museum in much too long. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cool exhibit!
    <3
    nailvarnishvixen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is hilarious. Glad to read you are having a fun, cultural trip in Calgary :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for blogging about NILWLNA if you wish to see more pics, vids and info along with touring go check the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/NILWLNA,
    or feel free to add me on FB to know more about other shows art and music
    https://www.facebook.com/terrancehoule

    thanks again
    The Blackfooter aka Terrance Houle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome. we really enjoyed the exhibit and even though I'm still laughing over it (specifically the 'white devil' video clip), it really does make you think. I look forward to seeing your future works :)

      Em

      ps. I don't have facebook but I will spread the word to my friends

      Delete
  9. hey! i've nominated you for a liebster award here: http://bl4q.blogspot.ca/2013/01/thank-you-charlotte.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lot of fun. I envy your culture experiences, I've got to check out my area for cool exhibits soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger