sparkle & shine

Jan 14, 2013


 
sequin blazer Forever 21
body chain Little Burgundy


Saturday's outfit for the 2 year anniversary/craft beer launch party at the Corner Bar & Grill in Westborough. I tried to dress up some pretty simple basics with a lot of shine, my favourite part being this gold body chain. Surprisingly uncomplicated it slipped on pretty easily and was no different than wearing a necklace. For some reason I thought body chains would be a hassle, getting caught on everything. It turns out I was wrong!

I looked for maxi skirts and dresses this weekend with no luck, there are pretty much none in the stores around here. I'm in Calgary next week so besides raiding my sister's closet for her old maternity clothes hopefully I'll be able to buy some maxi dresses at the stores out there.
 
When it comes to make-up I'm usually a pretty basic girl, I've been using the same shade of blush for at last 5 years now! The only thing I really play around with seems to be lipstick colours. Lately since my wardrobe options are extremely limited I'm looking for other ways to be creative. I'm starting to get into beauty blogs, if you have any favourites please share them with me in the comments - I'm looking to add some to my blog roll :) 

21 thoughts:

  1. you are beautiful! love your jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely, as usual - I like the glitter, and the body chain is the coolest thing ever! And it perfectly accentuates your bump!
    P.S. Isn't Westboro the coolest past of town? It used to be kinda scuzzy years ago, but it's really hip-ified of late with new condos and nifty shops (got my wedding flowers last year at Tivoli). I wonder if the nearby Mechanicsville has also changed? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are gorgeous! love this outfit so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really look adorable! love that sequin jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! Kinda love the body chain with the bump I can't lie. I've hit 33 weeks and officially just stick with dresses. Thank god to preggo hormones keeping me so warm cause I don't even notice the cold!

    Memoirs & Mochas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sequined jacket, it's adorable and glam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking that it's not that a body chain is the best accessory for a belly bump, but that a belly bump is the best accessory for a body chain. Your well of creativity during this pregnancy seems endless. I'm sure you are providing just as much inspiration to other pregnant bloggers as you're getting from them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit looks great on you! The body chain is really pretty and goes really nicely with your complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that an orange lip? The color looks AMAZING on you! I'd suggest taking a look at the Lush Emotional Brilliance lip colors-- I think most of the shades would compliment you.

    You really are a glamorous mommy-to-be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an orange lip, It's MAC morange! I will check out the lush colours I didn't realize they made makeup too.

      Delete
    2. Yes, they launched their Emotional Brilliance line in July. Give yourself some time there and have your colors done-- it's fun :) I don't love their mascara or shadows as they're not my style, but the lip color is wonderful. Have fun!

      Delete
  10. You make me feel like a pregnant slob. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look amazing girl!
    you're glowing & it ain't just that sequin jacket :)

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO CUTE. You look just adorable in this, and aren't sequin blazers the best? Obsessed with mine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look beautiful as always. You really do make me miss pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that jacket! Wish I had had something like it for new years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glam, cute and comfy - and I'm loving the body chain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it...I been wearing blazers a lot lately...even though mine don't close...haaha. I debate getting bigger sizes but then I think I shouldn't so I can be motivated post pregnancy to get back in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this look! The blazer is fabulous!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger