new years resolutions (sort of) for a new year

Jan 2, 2013


 
Jay and I had a pretty sweet New Years Eve, one last hurrah before the little one arrives. We went out for a fancy dinner then met up with friends at Irene's, (a divey craft beer bar) where we rang in the new year listening to The  Fiftymen play a mash-up of roots, country and bluegrass. It was a late night, but totally worth it.
 
In previous years I've made one new years resolution and stuck with it (due to writing out a plan of how I'd actually achieve my goal), but this year there's nothing major I want to change. There are a few little things I'd like to try and do over the course of 2013, things that I've done before, but seem to have slipped up on recently.
 
in 2013 I'd like to:

 
spend more time outside in the summer
wear more colour
go strawberry picking
take lots of pictures of everyday moments
bake a cake from scratch
call my sister more often
shop less at Forever 21 (this one is a must!)
look for the humour in crappy situations
stop buying the same, but slightly different pieces (lace dresses come to mind)
actually do something with my hair
start training this fall for my next marathon
remember to tell the people in my life how much I appreciate them
be patient

 
Life is what you make it, and I'd like to make the most out of it :)
 

29 thoughts:

  1. I love your dress. Those are all good goals. I need to be more patient too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Whens the little one due?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's due April 12th, soon but not soon enough!

      Delete
  3. I am all about some pictures of everyday moments! And, I think your hair is so gorgeous ... one of those few people who can "do nothing" to it, and it still looks beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your goals - looking for humour at crappy situations is such a good one! I'm learning to relax and chill out more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goals, they're all about enjoying life more and trying new things. I tried to make a cake from scratch but oh my, it came out awful so please make sure you follow the recipe all the way haha or spread on globs on frosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha extra frosting does fix a lot of things in baking! My problem is my scratch cakes turn out dry - I'm going to try some different recipes this time.

      Delete
  6. SO beautiful!! Popping over from Sugar and Dots to say hello. :) Have a wonderful week and very happy 2013! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your resolutions their so adorable! great to hear that you had a nice new years hope this year is everything you hope it will be! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shop less at Forever 21 :-) I'll have to make an entire list of 'Shop less at...' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really need to shop less at F21 too! but i have no idea if i'll even be able to do that, haha.

    besides that, i think i could have written this list :)

    great goals!

    Happy New Year, gorgeous lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your kind of resolutions. i think going out more in the summer is probably something I should do as well and strawberry picking sounds nice too. Shopping less at Forever21 seems difficult though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh strawberry picking, i like that idea!! great resolutions, hope 2013 has started off on a great note for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a good list. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am obsessed with lace dresses...can't get enough...Good luck not shopping at F21...I think the older I get the less I shop there...but now I shop way too much at H&M

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great resolutions, and i love the last sentence of your post. That's my goal too! :) happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year! I haven't even figured out what my resolutions are for this year... but I'd like to make some! I didn't make any last year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I didn't make any resolutions, but I did make some goals which I intend to reach this year! Love your photos. You are such a nice looking couple :) Happy New Year!

    Sylvia
    www.sylvialovespink.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year!!!

    Great list of goals. Finding humor in crappy situation is def a good one. I do agree with you, Life is what we make of it. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this post! All of your goals are awesome. But what do you mean you need to do something with your hair?!! I think your hair is always so cute!! I WISH my hair looked like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I definitely agree, life is what you make it. Love all of your happy resolutions, sounds like you are going to be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. good resolutions em k! i hope you share photos of these adventures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely picutres!!
    happy new year

    x
    http://worryaboutitlaterr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your list! All simple, achievable and meaningful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww looks like you had loads of fun! Happy new year :)
    I love that all of your resolutions are about achieving positive goals and doing fun things - the ones that involve depriving yourself of vices never work for anyone! Good luck :)
    Betti xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your list of resolutions.. particularly spending more times outdoor in the summer, be patient, and tell people how much you appreciate them. Those are also some of my goals for the new years. Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your list, especially the one about looking for humor in crappy situations! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool photos! I love black and white shots! :)

    And I agree on lots of resolutions from your list, especially the "take lots of pictures of everyday moments" :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger