Isabel Marant's Spring/Summer 2013 Collection

Jan 29, 2013







There are so many elements to this collection that are very much my taste, that make me covet every single piece. I love how the designer's taken something traditionally loud like studs or bold patterns and subdued them to the point where they look lady-like rather than rock and roll. The absence of all colour except red doesn't mean this collection is boring, but quite the opposite. 

Marant's use of prints makes each piece stand out, yet most patterns are subtle enough to be worn as a neutral. The paisley theme seen throughout the collection gives it a very bohemian feel yet the silhouettes keep everything current. The shoes with the heels, all the straps and the metal detailing are a perfect blend of feminine and edgy. Everything is so fresh and free spirited and although the dresses are minuscule, I'd still love to wear them! It's simple collection but not boring.

photos via style.com

15 thoughts:

  1. i love this collection. i cannot wait for warmer weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love these. Definitely not boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the prints! That middle right one is my fave. Spring please come soon!
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love isabel marant collections. this one is making me really wish for spring. love all of those prints! xx. gigi. food and beauty blogger @ www.gigikkitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome collection! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gaaa, seeing all the new S/S looks roll out while winter is still imploding really is a shock to the senses but oh how i love the latest designs on the runways. these IM ones are such a gorg example!!!! i adore the beaded detailing and can see you rocking these looks 100% too. xo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. top left, my fave!
    Gorgeous collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What A Gorgeous Look.Thanks, I’ve recently been looking for info approximately this Style for ages and yours is the greatest I’ve found out till now.

    Jens Pirate Booty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the light and airy feeling of this collection and the large usage of white is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so boho chic! They seem really comfortable too.

    http://www.charliececile.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW to this collection and wow to your totally on-point description. Way to put your finger exactly on what makes it special!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love her stuff. now if she could just make it affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous color patterns, somehow it reminds me of Missoni.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger