Places to eat in Ottawa: !Union!

Nov 6, 2012


Yesterday Jay and I had lunch at a place he's been talking about for awhile, Union613. It turned out to be a great place to eat on a cold, dreary day. Comfort food that reminded me of both my Aunt Cass's cooking (Jay had fried yardbird, I had mac and cheese) and Harlem Underground.
 
With upbeat jazz playing in the background, raspberry lemonade that tastes the way it's suppose too (more tart than sweet), quirky staff who were genuinely nice; it was the kind of place you could lose track of time in and accidentally stay till closing.
 
It doesn't hurt that they also have a decent craft beer selection, which I can appreciate even though I can't have any!
 
 
jay/industrial style interior/reading material/delicious raspberry lemonade/my lunch/boiled peanuts (surprisingly good)/clipboard menu/the bill
 

17 thoughts:

  1. I love love love Union! such a great place and atmosphere : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would love this place - I like all the details. Mac and cheese is a favourite of mine too.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm ever in the area, I've got to check it out. I'm all for a cozy eatry with comfort food and jazz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What the hell is yard bird. My grandfather used to say that and he was from North Dakota but I never asked what it was. I didn't miss beer pregnant I missed wine. But I drank virgin drinks to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yard bird is chicken. Southern style fried chicken, cornbread coating that's crispy but not greasy. I had a virgin ceasar a few weeks ago, but it just wasn't the same.

      Delete
  5. Boiled peanuts are a staple here down in GA. Glad u liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like a nice place ! :) Those jar drinks look so cute, I have to use that idea at some party ^^

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was like why can't you have beer? you love craft beer. then i clicked on the link. mac and cheese is good, & so is the perfect lemonade. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my craft beer! But I don't mind going without for awhile, it's worth it!

      Delete
  8. Haven't been there yet, but I can't wait to try it out - thanks for the review!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool place, I love the vibe and just checked out their menu, the mac and cheese sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, that food looks pretty killer! I think that's one thing I'm not a big fan of about Fairbanks, were pretty limited with our restaurants and the type of food served up here, I always get jealous when I see fun and delicious places like this! (Homemade mac and cheese is the BEST. Yum!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun place!! I love all the mason jars!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, I'm always looking for new food places to try!
    And ahhhh congrats! You two are gonna have quite the beautiful well-dressed baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You should review restaurants for a living:) It could have not sound more inviting and if close by I would have been there already.

    Congratulations on your addition to the family. You look beautiful.

    Teodora
    Teodora's Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute place!!!! I love hanging out talking till the restaurant closes =)

    Maggie (sweet peas and lucky honey)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger