Sunday Morning at Brewer Park Market

Oct 24, 2012


This thing I love most about Ottawa is there's so many things to do. It's one of the reasons I prefer living in a city rather than a small town. On Sunday Jay and I got up way too early (for a Sunday anyway; they're meant for sleeping in!) and met our friends down at Brewer Park Market, somewhere I'd never been before. If you live in Ottawa and haven't gone there at least once, you really should. Consider yourself warned though, it's easy to get carried away because of all the appetizing things you can't find in chain grocery stores!

I had to tear Jay away from the candy apple stall, I'll never get why people love them so much! I tried a bit of Jays the night before at Saunders Farm (FYI the haunted hay ride is totally worth the hour long wait) and while he loved it, I thought it was pretty gross. I like apples that are just plain apples!



25 thoughts:

  1. Okay - THANK YOU for the candy apple "I don't get it" shout out. I totally agree!
    Lovely pics, looks like you guys had a fun fall day!
    Isn’t That Charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment and visit on my blog :)
    you have really cute pictures!

    happyleeliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! I totally agree about the apples! Something about candy covered apples isn't that appealing to me. I like how it looks but that's where it ends! Plain apples are much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm definitely heading to st norberts farmers market next when it opens again next year!



    rachael

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stunning photography!

    Our local market only operates through the end of September, so I'm envious of this market -- Looks like a lovely time!

    Thank you for stopping by my little piece of the web, and leaving some love. :) Hope to see you around again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candied apples aren't the same as caramel apples right? Cause if you hate caramel apples, well, that's just not right! haha! The ones with caramel, white chocolate, cinnamon and sugar on them, HEAVEN!
    You look so cute! What a fun time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a fun place! I agree with you on the city thing...I NEED to be near a city!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Candied apples make me cringe too ha-ha! Amazing photos :) looks like such a great way to spend a sunday!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. loe your smile, darling, you are so pretty and always so happy looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! hehe so glad to see the lauren moffat coat :) I've been wearing mine a lot recently too. Oh! Been wanting to tell you, there is going to be a vintage clothing show next month and I thought you might find it interesting. I'm hoping to find me some cute mad men inspired dresses :D http://www.facebook.com/#!/OttawaVintageClothingShow

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog, dear! Love yours. Happy to be your newest follower! Excited to get to know you!!

    PS- your glasses are KILLER. I love them. Adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice photos! I just stumbled upon your blog. I love the header!


    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Gentri, you crack me up! candy apples are different than Carmel apples. The coating on candy apples reminds me of Cough syrup From when i was a kid. Yuck! Dont worry, I'll give caramel apples a chance :P

    @Tasia, thanks for thinking of me, I'm on it and looking forward to the vintage show. There was a ton of great stuff last year :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waking up early on a Sunday, you're brave people. I'm not a huge fan of candied apples not caramel only because sometimes the layering can be too thick and I just want to taste the apple part.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that's awesome, I love that last picture, and you look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are beautiful photos. It makes me feel like I'm there!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never been to the Brewer Park Market, seems like somewhere I'll have to check out! It looks like you guys had a great time!

    But I'll have to disagree on this one, I love me a candy apple every once in a while!
    There's this place in my hometown, the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory that makes about 12 different kinds of candy apples, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pics!!!

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have no idea how obsessed I am with beets at the moment. I swear I've eaten them every day this month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard of Brewer Park Market but have yet to check it out! Now, I think I'm going to have to!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post! I love it! ^^ You have a nice blog, mind to follow each other? :)

    BLOG | TWITTER | TUMBLR | SHOP

    ReplyDelete
  22. what cute pictures! could you two be any more adorable? wish i looked that darling early in the morn :) um, as for the candied apple thing, they aren't my faves although they sure do look pretty in photos. i do go for the caramel version though, too tasty is what! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello! Please check out my blog, there is something for you in the last post :) http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com (it is not spam) =)

    Gemma
    http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love going to a great farmers market. and i visited my cousin in san jose this weekend and we checked out a GREAT farmers market on saturday morning. fresh coffee, tons of beautiful very colorful produce.

    ReplyDelete
  25. im not a candy apple fan either1 i dotn get the whole thing with it

    plain apples for me all the way ; )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger