Shades of Blue

Oct 21, 2012


For the longest time I wanted a trench coat but not the classic kind, something with a bit of a twist. When I came across this ruffled little trench buried in the Anthropologie sale racks I knew it was exactly what I was looking for! Beige was a bit too blah for me so I chose the navy. Lately my favourite colour combo has been a mix of blue, grey and white, I like it almost as much as wearing stripes and polka dots together!

Usually I lug a pretty big purse around, but have learned the key to using a small clutch is having a partner who carries a satchel. Sometimes it's nice to put my camera, keys and other odds and ends in Jay's bag, because usually it's me holding onto his stuff!

Also, I keep forgetting to mention this article (How to Shop at Forever 21 Without Looking Like You Shop at Forever 21) because it does a great job of explaining what to look for and what to avoid when shopping at Forever 21. I think most people intuitively know these things, but it was interesting to see it explained in detail.




 coat & cardigan Anthropolgie, skirt & clutch Club Monaco,
striped shirt Old Navy, scarf & necklace Forever 21
 

45 thoughts:

  1. This coat was made for you! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh the coat is gorgeous, love the fun details like the ruffles touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great looking coat. I avoid trenches, but I'd definitely give this one a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely love you coat! I also think it's ok mixing up cheaper and more expansive things without looking actually cheap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mix prints outfits.

    Thank you for visiting Blush and your lovely comment!

    Xoxo
    Paula
    Blush-paula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this trench...i have yet to find the perfect one. i love it with the stripes and dots, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great trench!!! I love the colour and the mixture of polka dots and stripes. I've got to try it out:)
    xo
    Audrey
    http://inches2style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's one really lovely jacket! Suits you perfectly. And that dotted scarf is just spot on choice. ^^

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trench coats are my absolute ultimate love! This one is gorgeous + so unique + as for the beautiful scarf - perfect!

    Sarah
    http://fashionismyh2o.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your new trench coat is unbelievably gorgeous! Love how your paired it with a polka dot scarf...too cute! You look amazing in this outfit and your photos turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just became your newest follower! I am obsessed with this trench! Look forward to reading more!

    -Lindsay

    www.lindsaynicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your trench so so much! I am a sucker for anything and everything at Anthropolgie. If only I had an endless budget :) Thanks for that f21 article. I never really thought to check out their denim selection it I just might now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so cute! i love your outfit, with the mixture of stripes and polka dot and a girl always has a use for a cute trench!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the shades of blue and also the pattern mixing with the dots and stripes!

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful trench and the color looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. em k, fantastic outfit! i like your navy trench with a twist. i will check out the F21 article.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i LOVE this outfit! that scarf is so cute! one of my favorite outfits of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the mix of different patterns here. Blue is one of my favorite colors as well.

    Teodora
    teodoraslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your boots! I've been looking for a pair. and I love club monaco!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the trench! Its amazing! Loved reading the forever 21 link!
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. you always luck out with anthropologie...I still have yet to find a good sales fine there!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fun. I need a new trench myself and would never thing of navy but I like it. Gorgeous and playful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The trench is gorgeous! I need to visit Anthropoloige, I used to shop them so often., shoes mostly though. xo :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So many adorable layers-- love everything about this!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey thanks for the lovely message on my blog! I love the coat, it is a really nice shade of blue! x

    alphabet-m.blospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great outfit, I love the trenchcoat!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha! A clutch that comes with a partner that's what I need! This whole outfit is great. I recently bought a London Fog classic trench and I am loving it. Also that story on Forever 21 is great and spot on!!

    Ali of:

    www.aliandang.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your trench coat! had never thought of getting a navy trench coat but no I think I want one.The scarf and boots also look lovely with it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are so beautiful and stylish!
    You have a wonderful blog! Do you want to follow each other? Follow my blog on Bloglovin'. Let me know in my comments and I will follow back ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fantastic coat! The colour looks fantastic on you and the cut is great!

    Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ahhh... I totally love the trench coat... :)
    I want to wear a trench coat too, but the climate here, it just never allows me!! Sobs! :(
    I'd love to have you over at my blog.
    Do visit and follow if you like! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  32. Perfect trench coat! You look gorgeous! I've missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute look! Loving your coat and scarf!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just read that F21 article you linked to-- such good advice!

    Also, absolutely love your outfit! The mix of colors and patterns is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for visiting my blog. I love your posts - I had to follow!

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What an awesome ruffled trench - navy is one of my favorite colors. I also like the polka dots with the stripes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. such a pretty look. The ruffled trench is such a great piece!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. You look stunning! Love your trench and scarf!

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. the navy blue is a fab choice lades! i'm also really loving your stripes/polka dot combo. i have and will forever pledge allegiance to the Anthrone. super feminine look and also completely versatile too. scored!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  40. I LOVE that coat! well, entire outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  41. That article is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Some bloggers do this well; I've been caught off guard discovering they're wearing something from F21 that I thought was far more expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  42. In love with that rain coat! Just found your blog, absolutely love it! Thanks for the sweet comment on mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger