back in black (and pink)

Sep 17, 2012


I'm back and almost feeling 100% again! It felt really weird to not blog consistently for a few weeks, but it just wasn't possible. Now that I'm not wearing sweats and comfy clothes most days (not gonna to lie, there's a point when you feel like crap you just don't care what you're wearing!) I'm able to officially break out some of my fall favourites like knee socks, boots and leather jackets. 

Speaking of favourites, the shoe company Little Burgundy finally opened up a store in Ottawa! When I first came across Jeffrey Campbell shoes I emailed the company to find out where in Canada I could buy them. There were only a handful of stores at the time that carried Jeffrey Campbell and one of them was Little Burgundy. I've been a fan ever since because they're always a bit ahead of the curve. Besides, a city can never have too many shoe stores!


gold sideways cross necklace Aldo
skirt & belt F21
knee socks Urban Outfitters
jacket Tulle
crop top Club Monaco
riding boots c/o Little Burgundy Michael Kors 

46 thoughts:

  1. you look adorable! can't wait to check out your blog regularly again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like this Outfit. Looks really pretty. The skirt is absolutely amazing and I love how you mixed everything.
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this outfit, you look so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so chic.
    that skirt is so pretty. love the colors.

    xo

    asteria-sparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is literally the perfect dreary day look, i LOVE it!!
    glad you're back & feeling better (& out of sweats ;) )
    xx!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you're back!! I love those boots and that pleated skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking about you the other day and I'm glad you're back! Love the boots and cute touch of pink! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is such a great outfit!
    ~Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a cute look! Love the way you paired it all together. =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks honey for visiting my blog! Love this look on you!
    Greetings from Argentina.
    xoxo
    Silvia
    http://bohememoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute top and belt idea!
    And yes, I did love rediscovering stuff :) And now everything is organized so I can see and wear it all lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. welcome back! so glad you are feeling better


    I am kind of obsessing over knee socks for some reason this season. I think they can wage a comeback and be as big as they were circa Clueless days : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back! I missed you!
    Love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your skirt!

    http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This skirt is just amazing !!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm happy that you feel well now! Nice outfit, specially the skirt! :)

    Gemma
    http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look COOL! Glad you're feeling better, being sick is no fun. I love shoe stores, too. Especially local ones run by cool people!

    ReplyDelete
  18. very cool girl! I love how you styled the skirt with the crop top - hot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear you're feeling better. I really love your skirt, and it's not just because it's pink :) I love that the hem is black and that it's pleated...win, win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute look! It's edgy meets feminine... and I love love love that beautiful skirt. You're lovely! :) Following you now and look forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely outfit! Love your skirt! Thanks for your lovely comment <3

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know...

    Xx

    http://www.itchyedgy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Girl you are working those layers! I love this look. It is great for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Glad to see you back & feeling better! You look gorgeous. I LOVE your skirt and those boots are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love love love that skirt! and I love how you styled this whole look. You look great!

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the pleated skirt, the dusty rose colour goes great with your complexion and the boots stunning!I love the grey knee socks peaking through.

    ReplyDelete
  26. the pleated skirt is great! along with the boots paired with gray socks.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. glad you're back em k, & looking like your rocking stylish self! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that skirt! So versatile!

    <a href="http://champagnelifestyles.blogspot.com'>Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget</a>

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look great! Life the pleated skirt! I am originally from Canada ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the color combo and the socks and boots! So excited to dress for fall!

    sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gah! This outfit has just topped my list of favorites for fall! I LOVE the palette you selected; and the layers are done so perfectly. Gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. love the skirt!! I hope to see you again soon, or lets go for coffee sometimes!? Let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. what a perfect little outfit! you look beautiful.

    xxx
    www.ladyalamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is such a lovely look. The black and pink are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I like that this is a little soft and a little rock n roll in the same outfit! You can send this one too. Damn I am gonna look good!

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOOOOOOOOOVE the skirt!! Wow! Such a fun look you put together :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi dear :)
    thank you so much for visiting me and your nice comment!! :)
    You look so gorgeous!!! I love your hair... it looks so healthy and nice!
    I also like your style!! You have a really great taste :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love your skirt!!
    This whole ensemble is perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love how you belted the short top! I have a shirt that shrunk in the wash but I love and couldn't give up! I will have to try this style!

    xx

    Holly Foxen Wells

    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  40. You look wonderful! Love that skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Glad you are feeling better now. That skirt is beautiful, such a lovely shade of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  42. great styling here! I work at forever 21 in Maui and no one knows how to wear it here lol, but I like your take on it ;)

    http://nosatisfashion.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger