shirt or dress? I'm going to go with shirt.

Aug 7, 2012



black silk tunic Wilfred (Aritzia)
hat H&M
tap shorts Free People
boots Jeffrey Campbell (Libby Tick)
leather button up Helmut Lang
navajo stud flame purse Rebecca Minkoff

It's always humorous when I pick up something like this tunic top while shopping thinking it's a shirt, only to be told when trying it on it's a dress! A dress can be short or sheer, but if it's both I'm more comfortable wearing it as a shirt. Regardless I'm in love with the fact it's so long, especially the back, it'll make a great layering piece in the fall. I picked it up during Aritiza's end of season sale (that's still going on), you can always find such great deals if you're willing to dig through the racks. It's a pain but worth it!

Ottawa Craft Beer Week starts this weekend and I've been slacking on the instagram/stuff going on in Ottawa posts lately so I'll be sure to actually take some photos!


54 thoughts:

  1. Hiii doll you look great and those boot are amazing xoxo lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look. You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. take me shopping with you! i want your look :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look amazing!! love ur jewelry an ur top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I quite often wear short dresses as tops or with leggings. I think you have to feel comfortable with what you are wearing. I love this outfit especially the necklace such beautiful photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a beautiful face and style too. Love this outfit a lot nice shorts :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. such an amazing outfit :) wanna follow each other?




    chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Id wear it as a shirt as well :) I love the way you put the whole look together! No actually the festival was just in the evening, I would definitely not wear those shoes for the whole day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes i know it is funny when things can be sort of in between sometimes!! i love the sheerness and the fit of it, lovely!

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look. The boots make it even cooler. Fantastic outfit!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfit, the shorts look really pretty! Thank you for your lovely comment, you have a lovely blog, now following :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. whatever it is, you wear it well! i love this whole outfit. those boots are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I might have to agree with you that it's a shirt. I mean, if you have to ask, it's a shirt. I'm crazy about your leather shirt, it looks gorgeous!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look too and perfect boho vibe. Boots are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sheer shirt is insanely gorgeous
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look amazing. I love your necklace!

    - Victoria
    www.VICKITAS.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like it as a shirt (way too short as a dress, imo! but I'm tall, so who knows...), and it looks absolutely perfect with that amazing gold necklace. Great look!

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow!i love that outfit,looks amazing on you!!thank you so much for your comment dear!!
    http://shoppingtherapy153.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this outfit, you look great!

    DIY TUTORIAL, HOW TO RESTYLE OLD BOOTS ON:I Have A Deer (CLICK HERE)

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow wow! this look is styled to perfection!

    Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always end up with things like this and gets so confusing! I'm glad you went with shirt, though haha. This really is a great piece and I love it with those shorts! It'll definitely be perfect for the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your style so much. This is such a great look. It's stylish, relaxed very chic.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great look. I feel like it would look more like a "walk of shame" shirt if worn as a dress.......

    I can't wait to see how you layer it :)

    Those boots are unbelievable and I'm politely jealous you have them.

    Jamie
    hodgepodgegallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this outfit is gorgeous! I love the sexiness of the shirt with the jacket and boots. Glad I found your blog, your style is beautiful :)

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. This outfit is absolutely incredible on you. And I am so digging the setting for these photographs. You have fabulous style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's so funny that when I opened this post, I thought "wow looks like a Free People ad" and go figure, your shorts are Free People. Love it!

    And yea... I don't think a dress should be short AND sheer, but I love the way you styled it. Oh how I love those boots!


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your boots. the styling is great and your neckalcae is super pretty!

    http://fashionwashere.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice blog dear!!!
    Lovely photos.
    Check out the giveaway on my blog!

    xo.
    http://fromhatstoheels.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the sheerness of that shirt-dress. You definitely classed it up as a shirt, otherwise that may be a fairly questionably short dress.

    P.S. How have I not run into you at an Ottawa fashion event yet...

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have captured the bohemian style perfectly. Love this look on you, thank you for dropping by my blog...maybe we can become blogger friends. dawn suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm also liking this more as a shirt, haha...you really rock it with the shorts and leather! I love these photos, beautiful as always.

    Follow you Bloglovin.

    <3 Cambria
    jupefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I like it both as a shirt or a dress and I like it even more when paired with the leather jacket! :)

    I love your blog, follow each other? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. E, can you please do an ugly post, so i can quit drooling at these outfits and how beautiful you are. Oh, and pack those boots and hide them for i shall steel them one day.

    ReplyDelete
  34. whatever you decide to call it, you're looking fantastic em k! :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Loving your blog,and am automatically following!:)
    Looking forward for future fashion advice:)

    Hope you follow too.
    kisses
    ww.fashionmemos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks so much for your sweet comment...Love the look, rad boots...I WANT the necklace x

    http://iloveagudbargain.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  37. AWESOME lace shorts. I'm obsessed! haha. I also love your photography. I always wanted to take photos by train tracks. It looks so cool.
    Great outfit! Your style is so inspiring to me!
    xx Katrina

    http://sweettreeninglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I like it as a shirt! It looks cute with the lace shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG aritzia's sale was killing me - I had to ban myself from the mall. I really wanted to grab another marc jacobs purse, but really couldn't justify it. They had some great deals tho :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  40. love the sheerness of the shirt/dress, good choice hun =)

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing!

    www.secret-garden-anita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your boots seriously make this outfit-- suchhh a cool look! And those shorts= need. xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. You look stunning <3

    Great blog: I'm your new follower <3

    Lots of love; Pauline
    www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'd definitely wear this as a shirt too. I love the sheereness of it at the bottom. Love the boots your paired the look with too.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love the way this looks. I think it's definitely a shirt. Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. lovely outfit <3 the shoes are great! =)

    love from the NANA girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi lovely :) you look so pretty and i love the phtos!
    What do you think of following each other on bloglovin' and GFC? Let me know
    Keep in touch

    http://thefrench-fries.blogspot.pt/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love the lace peeking out! Cute look

    ReplyDelete
  49. You are so super adorable! I love your style :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love how you styled this outfit. It's one of those ones you keep coming back too because every piece is so unique, yet they all work well together. You have such a knack at 'haute hippie' styling, you always look cool and effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love these photos and your blog! This necklace is too perfect and I love the backdrop of the train tracks.

    If you have time, check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other?

    Alexis

    swaney e

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is one of the best outfits I've seen in a long time!! Like!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger