Modern VS Vintage

Aug 19, 2012


modern Paul & Joe Sister printed dress ($279) or vintage Sally Jane Vintage find ($35)

Ever since I heard of Paul & Joe Sister and saw a few dresses from the spring line at Aritzia, I've been a fan of their vintage inspired looks and quirky prints. However, with a $300 price point for a dress that's 100% polyester I figured I could find something comparable and with a some searching I did. A little tweaking (removing the ruffles down the front of the dress and changing the buttons) and the Sally Jane Vintage piece will look really current paired with modern boots and the right purse. Also the fact I saved $244 is pretty sweet! I'm looking forward to this package arriving in the mail.

24 thoughts:

  1. I love your new dress and love vintage so much more sometimes because like you said, you can modernize it with changing buttons or taking off the ruffles! I actually love the ruffles on the vintage dress though as they add character! xx Pip

    http://easyoutfitsbypip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress, it looks so adorable and I think it'll look great on you; what a great savings! I hope you'll do an outfit post on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the vintage dress more than the Paul & Joe one! So much more versatile & wearable! Can't wait to see how your styling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great find! I kind of like the ruffles though ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great find, Sally Jane always has the best treasures. Can't wait to see how you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only just discovered her esty store but I agree her shop is great, she has a great eye for picking out pieces.

      Delete
  6. Love it, can't wait to see what you do next! Come check out my blog, maybe we can follow each other!
    Material Fixations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the vintage find so much more! What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  8. $300 for polyester is really rude and overpriced, never ever would go for that. so, the vintage one is much cuter and more authentic!

    xoxo viviane

    ReplyDelete
  9. $300 Is out of control for polyester! Silk no problem but polyester? Nope!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so agree. Great find! I can't wait to see the finished look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!! Looks the same!!! Everything comes back!!

    Http://yellowtete.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don`t like polyester too, it`s unnatural, that vintage dress looks much better than the modern one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovaloveitlove I love it! so cute! What a great blog! already addicted!! BlogLovin Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely dresses i must say.. The vintage one is perfect :)
    Thanks for dropping by..
    http://risingcolors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the vintage look and i agree with you Aritzia's price point is not in my budget! I love what you found :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I probably don't know anything about fashion, but that modern dress also looks kind of vintage to me! :) I'd pick the first one - burgundy color is in trend you know! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally worth saving the money. Both dresses are lovelyyyy!

    Ava Tallulah

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm all for finding something cheaper!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo that is pretty pricey! I'd definitely say go with the vintage ones instead. I was just in Aritzia yesterday and fell in love with a gorgeous dress that I thought was silk on sale for 130$ but it ended up being 100% polyester! Boo! I left it there. Too bad some of their things are so out-of-control expensive. Hope you find a great vintage dress soon :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow love your Sally Vintage find - i purchased from them a while back.
    The dress is marvelous and i would even shorten the hem just a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger