signs of summer, turquoise and silver

Jul 9, 2012


Lately it's been so hot and humid that it's pretty much loose dresses or layers every day or a bathing suit by the pool. Jay and I have been enjoying lots of summer treats; craft beer on the balcony watching the stars come out, going out for gelato (which I tried for the first time on Saturday) and our Sunday night ritual of watching the new episode of True Blood in bed with the window open letting in the cool night air. I love summer and since it's such a short season here in Canada it's best to make the most of the warm weather while you can!

I was lazy this weekend and put the camera in auto mode, which meant most my pictures weren't properly exposed. I only have a couple of outfit shots that weren't completely washed out. Lesson learned. Also I am a little obsessed with the combination of silver and turquoise jewellery, as you can see from the picture above.


dress Zara
sandals Sam Edelman
purse Rebecca Minkoff
jewellery Urban Outfitters/Anthro/Topshop/Material Girl/Club Monaco

23 thoughts:

  1. haha so true! I've been wearing my yoga wear to walk to work and then showering and changing. It's been brutal outside. Adoring all your jewelry, those rings are really cute :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely very nice nail color and arm candy xoxo lia www.muahhwhosthatchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you! It has been so hot here, too. But we can't complain too much since the season is so short. I am just loving your minty nail polish. you've inspired me to paint my nails today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad someone else watches True Blood on Sunday! I'm definitely going to miss my parents' HBO! Love the turquoise and silver. You're rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for gelato and your great sandals!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  6. well that is a very cute dress and I really like your sandals. True Blood on Sundays is a ritual of mine as well. I feel like the season is finally starting to get juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so pretty and simple, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot get enough turqouise. I am dying for a cuff with turqouise stones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. STARBUCKS!!!

    That nail polish is absolutely to die for, as well as every accessory. Much love for the fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. turquoise, black and silver is so chic. you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love gelato! I had to describe it to a friend recently and I chose "it's like ice cream but on steroids." And the turquoise and silver look is so lovely. It looks like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. go ahead & be obsessed, when you look that good! summer is like our longest season, in texas. it's so hot, i don't want to go outside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look lovely in this dress!!
    and the turquoise and silver are perfection!
    <3
    diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the comment that lead me to your wonderful blog! Absolutely digging your turquoise bojangles and black tiered dress. Dreamy.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you look so comfy and chic. I wish I could pull off swing dresses! I love black/gold/turquoise together - I just can't tell you how much I love this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Silver and turquoise jewellery is the perfect combination in my eyes. And I'm loving that dress. Looks perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous dress! i love the combination of turquoise and silver!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a great color combo! Definitely hot out and a loose fitting cotton dress is the perfect option :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, that turquoise cross bracelet is so pretty and different! (Once again, you always wear the most special items, your jewelry drawer must be so fun to look through!) I really love the open eagle ring as well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous dress and love the turquoise accessories

    -Sydney xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger