Happy Canada Day from the Capital!

Jul 1, 2012


Jay and I met up with friends today for Canada Day, but not before stopping in the market to get Beavertails. Best.Treat.Ever. Don't worry, they're not actually made from beavers, they just happen to resemble their tails! It's a deep fried pastry topped with cinnamon and granulated sugar, so good!  

After that we walked around downtown then headed over to the concert area. Hey Ocean played before the fireworks and their album will be added to my ipod shortly. It's been so long since I've been wowed by a band and it's pretty cool they're Canadian too. Hope my fellow Canadians enjoyed the holiday!!


 Last week the Huffington Post Canada emailed me and asked if I'd like to be a part of their citizen style round-up. Of course I said yes! You can check it out here.

15 thoughts:

  1. What a great way to celebrate your country. You look awesome and I am so thrilled to know someone famous from the huff post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! that is pretty amazing. i'm off to check it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Canada Day to you! That lemonade stand is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe looks like you had a great time! I was also out all weekend (using today to RECOVER!!!) and had a great time with friends. I wanted beavertails so bad, but kept getting swept up in another event. Did you get to watc Fiest at the hill? She was definitely my favorite part of the weekend (well, and sangria at the Black Thorn!). Happy Canada Day weekend!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! It's so great to hear about traditions in different countries- even ones so close. Congrats on the Huffington Post bit, that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dear, hope you had a great Canada Day, the photos certainly depict a fun time! Congrats on the feature as well :) have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had such a great Canada Day. I actually did nothing... I have no idea why. It just kind of came and went and I was like... oh oops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy canada day to you too! love your outfit... and yes beavertails are pretty wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had such a good time! :) That is so cool that the Huffington Post got in contact with you. Congrats!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  10. em k, i was gonna ask you what that thing was you were eating, but then you told us. it does sound yummy. looks like a fun weekend with your jay, & bonus points for discovering a new local band! :) someone's pretty in their black & white outfit, & bold lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @tiny dancer sadly I missed Fiest, but that's ok hey ocean made up for it. Lol @sangria induces recovery day. We've all been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sadly I did nothing on Canada day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like a fun day! yay for Canada day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger