anthro skirt

Jul 16, 2012


Gotta love the Anthropologie sale rack! Their regular prices are a bit out of control, so I'm always happy when I find something at a fraction of the original price. Although I think this lace A-line skirt is meant to be worn lower (more of a knee length skirt), it looks better high-waisted with a belt. After living in black shorts the past couple of days (finally found the perfect leather pair after months of searching), it's nice to switch things up with this skirt. Most memorable moment from the weekend; cottaging and watching fireworks over the lake in celebration for my friend's 30th birthday.

41 thoughts:

  1. I love the skirt the way you're wearing it!

    I own exactly 0 items from anthro... yea, I'm thrifty : )


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skirt is perfection. I absolutely love it!! Perfect outfit and sounds like a perfect weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a pretty skirt! yeah, i think the original prices at anthropologie are insane, and that's why i head straight for the sale room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this post is about your skirt, but I think your tank top is so pretty!
    --Vivienne

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfect shirt-skirt combo! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great outfit. thanks for commenting on my blog :) would you like to follow each other?

    xx BBella
    justyled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That skirt is so pretty. The looks has such an earthy feel worn that way and paired with that tank. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I hit up that sotre I go straight for the sales rack. Their original prices are crazy. Looks like you scored quite a lovely skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so pretty! This skirt is just gorgeous, I only have about 4 pieces from Anthro (sale of course) but would love to own everything (if only the pocket book would allow!) I also love the scarf tied over your purse- such a fun way to spice things up! You should def see Wicked if you get the chance- 6pm before show to sign up for discounted tickets!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This skirt is such an amazing find, I love it! I can't afford anthro at regular prices either, it's amazing to find such awesome pieces in the sale section
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm ridiculously in love with that skirt. It looks so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anthropologie is SO cute! Loving that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo super lovely! the Anthro sales rack is a deadly location ;P

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  14. your outfit looks wonderful. your weekend sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fireworks and a friend's birthday AND sale on Anthropologie skirt, sounds like a wonderful time to me. I love their dresses but the prices are way too much for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great find at Anthropologie! I've gone in that store to window shop, since I can never afford their clothing. They do have beautiful things and I love your new skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a lovely skirt Em! This is a great look on you!

    xoxo

    lalageorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyhow, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back often!
    Feel free to visit my webpage : party dresses uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such an adorable look on you. I am seriously loving that skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well it just looks like your out for a stroll and all the while looking faboo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah this is so beautiful! Would have totally thought it was a dress at first-- looks darling on you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is absolutely gorgeous! I was in anthropologie in toronto this past weekend but did not see any sale items.

    ReplyDelete
  23. @thrifted shift, thanks the tank is Talula (Aritzia) from a few years ago. Love it but it's starting to fall apart!

    @A Fine Balance, Which anthro did you go to? I usually go to the one in Don Mills which has a separate sale room kind of behind the housewares section. I bought this skirt a few weeks (month??) ago... They were having a 30% off on top of the sale price, not sure if it's still going on!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love the way you styled this skirt with the lace detailed tank. I saw this skirt too in stores but they were out of my size (boo!) but it was an AWESOME sale price!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hah, I do the same thing with most of my skirts! (I'm pretty sure Im suppose to wear them low on the hips, but they look so much better high waisted.) This lace skirt is just beauuuuutiful. that fact that it was on such a great sale is just iceing on the cake. (Again, I agree with you, love anthro stuff, but hate those crazy high prices.) and I can't wait to see this pair of leather shorts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the entire outfit! Esp a sale skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The lace skirt is gorgeous and how great that you scored it on sale! I'm a new follower :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  28. This skirt is gorgeous, it's so satisfying finding a good deal at Anthro. Can't wait to see how you style your leather shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  29. that skirt is beautiful!! and love how you styled it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a fab skirt! Thank you dear for visiting my blog :)

    Vanessa

    http://thepinkmateproject.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love it!!!

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look amazing, your skirt is lovely!
    Just followed you :)
    xx

    http://undisclozetdesires.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  33. Girl you are GORGEOUS! I love the skirt, it looks so good belted like that, how perfect for summer right? The little lace detail on the shirt complements the skirt completely, love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing outfit, you look stunning!!
    ps love your blog :)

    -Sydney xo

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ah, I love the white skirt! I picked up the yellow one during the sale and love it too - I really like your tip to wear it higher waisted with a belt. I felt like something about mine was off when I first wore it, and a few people suggested a belt was the missing link, so I'm thinking I'll try it similar to what you did here next time. You look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. @Laura Thanks! def try wearing it higher & see what you think. I think it's the elastic waistband that makes the skirt look a bit unfinished. Therefore hide it with a belt!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the skirt !!
    You are beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger