thunder only happens when it's raining

Jun 25, 2012


dress Vintage
leather jacket Tulle
bracelet Anthropologie
black buckle sandals Sam Edelman
clutch House of Harlow

Every time I come across a vintage dress in this shape (like this one worn here and here), I'm always torn. Should I keep it as a dress or turn it into a blouse and skirt? So far dress has won out, but with this one I keep thinking about how great it would look as a blouse paired with high-waisted shorts or jeans. One vote for turning this into a two piece comes from Jay, he is not a fan of this Stevie Nicks type dress! 

I finally got Pinterest (Emmett Katherine) after putting it off for fear of getting addicted to it and I have to say, it makes things so much easier! I've just started making boards and it's nice to be able to link pictures to their source. There are so many folders on my computer full of great photos that I have no idea where they came from. Pinterest is a great way to keep track of it all.

38 thoughts:

  1. you look so beautiful in this white maxi dress dream! astonishin!
    kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've dying over people's vintage and thrifted finds this morning. This dress is awesome! But I totally agree that it'd rock as a shirt. The darker dress with the amazing top detail you shared the link to should remain a dress in my humble opinion : )


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh what a beautiful outfit! <3

    xo, Hanna
    http://whoishanna.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dress!!! Something that even I would feel very comfortable to carry off!


    Luv, The Nyt
    Metajojuana under a Starry Nyt

    ReplyDelete
  5. That vintage dress is beyond fabulous! I have a huge weakness for vintage dresses. So pretty!

    xo
    Alison

    heartofgoldandluxury.blogpost.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got onto Pinterest, it's so much fun and lots of creative ideas floating around. The dress looks like it was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this outfit o you! so gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress and think it would look great separated as well as a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this dress,i like the shoes combination!
    http://shoppingtherapy153.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. that dress looks gorgeous.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. keep it as a dress! summer dresses are so wonderful, and you look darling :3

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely stunning- it's a beautiful dress that would work both as a two piece and as is :)

    Sofi xx

    http://style-ramblings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those sammys and the dress! Looks alot like free ppl

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great find! I love your vintage dress. It's so soft looking and very feminine. I never get tired of the oldies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You actually took my breath away, you look so beautiful here! That dress is WONDERFUL on you.

    Emma xo
    www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous vintage dress! And yay for joining Pinterest - it's one of my favorite ways to waste lazy weekend mornings

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know what you mean! I see a lot of dresses in this shape, and don't really know if I should shorten it or what. I think you could wear it a few more times like this until you get tired and then alter! Love it!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  18. "players only love you when they're playing." em k, what kind of clothes do you feel best in? dresses? or skirts & blouses? ahh stevie nicks. remember that scene in school of rock when joan cusack is singing "edge of 17." sooo funny! how coincidental that you used the "gold dust woman" title in your other thrifted find post. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I kinda like it as a blouse actually. Much more boho!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well, I think I love you in this dress... But in the others, I think they might look cool as a blouse.

    Lovely post!

    http://strictlyviral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look fab in vintage and I'm loving this look!

    Great post!

    http://strictlyviral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, that dress is beautiful! Whether you decide to alter it into a blouse or not, it'll be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You got Pinterest. Yahoo! I am going follow and pin the dog mess out of your outfits so everyone sees how cool you are!

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for stopping by my blog because I'm so glad I found you. You have great style! I LOVE this dress. Consider me a new follower :-)
    xx,
    Di
    http://cityandburbsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohhh, that dress! It is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow unbelievably stunning! Love the dress and just the entire photo - its beautiful!
    xx







    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo



    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Players only love u when they're playing...

    ReplyDelete
  28. I really don't think you should make it a top
    it is so darling being a maxi dress!

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape 

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous dress!!!

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW you look so beautiful! The white dress is amazing:) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love love love this look! Keep it as a dress!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous vintage find! Welcome to Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. No no no! One piece!!! Steve nicks IS the love of my life and that dress is perfect!

    Jess xox

    timefortea

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a gorgeous dress and I can see why you're torn - the top part would look fabulous with other pieces. Could you have your cake and eat it to? I'm not a sewer but maybe you could separate the two but sew on little buttons or hook-and-eye so you could put in back together, and cover it up with a belt?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Such a beautiful dress! will definitely check our your pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  36. I think that the dress is gorgeous - keep it as one piece. Vintage items have acertain magic and this dress is one of them ---

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have fallen in love now...this dress is so so so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger