newbarK

Jun 12, 2012


 
It started with this photo on The Sartorialist. Usually I just scroll through all the pretty pictures, save the odd one and that's it. But when I came across the photo above, all I could think was: I would wear this entire outfit in a heartbeat, who is she wearing???!! Instead of skipping the comments to read the next post I carefully went through them hoping for answers. Commenter's credited Givenchy for the glasses, and newbarK for the accessories. The maker of the coat still remains a mystery. 

NewbarK is a luxe footwear line designed by Los Angeles stylists (and sisters) Maryam and Marjan Malakpour and they make some pretty amazing looking loafers and clutches. Given how much I love (and wear) my leopard print topsiders, I think it's time to add a new pair of loafers to my collection. I'm a bit obsessed with the oatmeal pair with the leather heart, but haven't been able to find them online anywhere, boo. 




 

17 thoughts:

  1. Im loving Newbark shoes!
    they look comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The oatmeal with black heart is available at Bergdorf Goodman in New york. they are so chic.

    Also, the jacket I believe is from Libertine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The heart pouch is verrrry cute!

    xo

    Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  4. em k, i hadn't heard of the newbark brand before. i can see why you like the whole look. i am seriously drooling over that coat. although, i basically have no use for a coat, living in texas. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those snakeskin loafers are brilliant. I'd definitely wear them! Thanks for the intro, have not heard of Newbark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that coat is just about the lovliest coat ever, I can see why it grabbed your attention. (Love the little sparkes sewn into it, and that shape is just beautiful.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone, you have found me.....My name is Maryam and That is me in the loveliest coat ever! Its by Libertine, and ofcourse you know already teh ehart pouch and the black and white Loafers are NewbarK.
    Thank you for the LOVE and inspiration.
    xmaryam

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Maryam thanks for stopping by and sharing who made your beautiful coat. Definitely a label to watch in future, along with yours! I can't seem to find your shoes online my size is sold out, so my fingers are crossed Holt Renfrew carries your line soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting coat that grows on me, maybe she added the sparkles herself? The heart shoes are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely profile of a uniquely stylish lady. I love when I see out of the box rocking fashionistas on Sartorialist or any other fashion photography site. And these flats are amazing and will definitely check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shoes but the coat is what originally caught my eye. I love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The coat is what made me stop too! Isn't it amazing? I love the sequin detail - it's just enough but not overboard.
    Ahka Vintage SHOP
    Ahka Vintage BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  13. that is so adorable. i love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic look! Beautiful coat :)

    -Sydney xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger