it can leave an impression and get under your skin

Jun 18, 2012

Jay and I spent Saturday afternoon at an art gallery, one I hadn't been to since I was a kid. Art galleries are such intense places, there's so much emotion and history crammed into a relatively small space. As we went from room to room, looking works that spanned centuries, we were in awe. It's Monday and I'm still reflecting over everything we looked at.

This is what I wore, a pretty monochromatic outfit with all the details lying in the tribal patterns.



sandals Steve Madden
dress Billabong
purse Rebecca Minkoff
necklace & belt F21
cardigan Wilfred (Aritzia)


46 thoughts:

  1. Hii very nice dress and everyting ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the print on your dress. And that cardigan looks so comfy and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your outfit, and that bag is amazing! i have a stash of studs, so seeing that bag is making me think i might want to try my own version of a tribal studded bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is SO cute and I love your RM bag. I have two of hers and I can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your style honestly amazes me. How is it that you always manage to be chic and casual, but with a sophisticated touch. I really love the print on your dress and the palette is rather muted, but really lovely. Your hair looks great too!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bag is amazing! I love the dress too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing outfit! Love the bag!)
    http://beautyofheworld.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dress (and the previous shorts by Gap!) because of the fun prints. You have a great style and I love how you paired this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your comment. I'm liking your blog so I've started following it ;)

    Gorgeous outfit! Love that bag (^_^) x

    http://thecurvygirlinthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all pieces of your outfit!!! Love your sense of style! I am your newest follower, do the same if you like my blog too <3

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been to a museum in a long time...sounds fun! And your outfit is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! Looks like a great outfit to wear to be cute and comfortable while running errands and...going to galleries.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. perfect dress!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is a very pretty dress but I can get over how cool your bag is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything you're wearing looks really good together... Love the bag, the sweater and the dress!

    http://strictlyviral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you very much for your comment on my blog. I look around your amazing blog and love it. I'm your new follower.
    xo, Petra

    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. really like your bag and dress. well styled!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, follow each other??

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want every part of this outfit! The dress and purse are just calling my name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog :)

    I love your bag and the print on your dress :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. amazing bag ! love it <3
    xx http://maybe-not2day.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous look, darling!
    Love your dress!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing dress and bag!! You look stunning and I love your hair :)

    -Sydney xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very chic :) art galleries are wonderful!

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think i've fallen in love with your blog, it's a breath of fresh air :)

    XO,
    Lucija
    WLL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your dress' pattern!! It is nice to be able to have a painting or any piece of art make you think and ponder.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the print on your dress!! So pretty! And your bag is also really cool. And thanks so much for the comment on my blog! Would you like to follow each other?
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. If I stole the necklace and bag you would never know it ..pinky swear!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very attractive outfit. Your handbag is fantastic! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Emmett, waow.. i like your looks.. cause i like monochromatic too.. :) and its really nice tribal.. you seem have a nice time at art gallery.. btw, thx for stopped by on my blog and left a lovely comment.. :)

    kuti
    http://ishootstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the print on that dress! and the neckline is darling!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  31. monochromatic at its best! em k, i so wish you had pics of the art exhibit, so i could see it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the tribal pattern and the handbag is the perfect finishing touch to this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Perfect art gallery outfit! x

    ReplyDelete
  34. You are stunning, you look perfect in this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice dress and I love your bag!! You look great!

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love art galleries, that artist sounds so interesting. Your bag is so lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow incredible outfit, love the print and the congac bag! Lovely!





    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo






    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh that bag is fabulous, i love everything about it honestly, the beautiful shade of brown, the gold studs in that formation and the tusse, i never heard about rebecca minkoff before

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your dress and your necklace is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love this look - the neutral colors are perfect and all of the varying texture/pattern makes it interesting. And that bag!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm totally new to your blog, but am already in love. Your hair is so cute - the pieces in front is something I've been trying to tell my stylist about, but now I'm just going to take these pictures in. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. your dress is perfect and love the necklace you paired with it! you look very pretty!

    xx heidi
    life full of loves

    ReplyDelete
  43. Dying over that bag and of course it's Minkoff - love her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love your blog and I love your style...and you are so beautiful and smart! Whenever I am having a gloomy day I hop online and your blog always cheers me up...Thank you so much for sharing with us! I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  45. @Anon thank you, this was a really nice comment to read :) I appreciate when people take time to let me know what they think and I'm glad my blog makes you smile :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger