ikat shorts (love!)

Jun 16, 2012


shorts & purse The Gap
shoes Jeffrey Campbell
tank top Talula (Aritzia, a few seasons ago)
kimono F21
jewellery F21 & Modern Primitive

What the hell Gap? For years I've avoided you, passed you by with only a quick  glance at the window to confirm yes, you're not my style. Previously I'd go in, look around and walk out empty handed because the clothing was so plain and well, boring!! Maybe that was because I only checked out the one in my (small) home town? The Ottawa Gap at the Rideau Centre is filled with great stuff, lots of fun colours and prints that appealed to my inner hippie. When I saw the paisley print bag I remembered this post and thought sweet, this would make a great purse!

22 thoughts:

  1. I'm honestly shocked that the Gap would even have anything like that. I never stop into their shops either, it's too blah and boring but maybe they're starting to change around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. GAP seem to have much nicer stuff in nowadays :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice out fit hopw you have great saturday xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. em k, glad you found some things you liked, & were pleasantly surprised. :) the neutrals of the lace kimono & the shoes look great with the blue shades & pattern mix of your summer outfit. i admire your jewelry too. i've only ever bought a couple things from Gap that i no longer own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I would've never guessed those shorts were from the GAP, they are such a nice color & print ! I love the way you styled them with a flowy kimono, it looks very summer chic :)

    xoxo,
    Iqra

    masaladiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the rest!! Gap coming with such a cute vintage print is something I never expected!!! You've carried it really well though!!!

    Luv, Nyt

    Metajojuana Under a Starry Nyt

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly, I don't think that you can ever show us a bad outfit. I love everything you share with us! You wear blue very well. You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bag and the way you mixed prints! Very cute.

    Marisa
    http://brokewithdesignertaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing print combination! I love this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, Gap's stepped up their game lately! Unfortunately I find Jacob's headed in the opposite direction. Love your cute kimono.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have such a cute style! I really enjoy your outfit posts and just followed ^^ Love the mix of prints in this outfit; you look great! I've always found GAP to be a bit dull as well. I do love their 1969 legging jeans though.

    P.S. I'm holding a giveaway right now; would love for you to check it out!

    Rinny's 2 Year Anniversary Giveaway - Open Internationally

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel the same way about The GAP and always avoid it because the clothes are always boring and not intising. Nice finds! I really love the cardi on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that you folded the bag into a clutch! Such a simple but smart idea.

    Judy
    SecondGlimpses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing!! I love all of these colours combined, so summery :)

    -Sydney xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. how fabulous is that blue looking on you, so so fresh and it really pops up! and the more blue the better! stunning

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your outfit! The bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait...those are from Gap??? I used to shop there religiously, only to give up on them after too many disappointing trips in to the store. But those shorts are beyond fab! I may have to order them now... :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Omg, love your style. Now following!

    xoxo Jme

    hodgepodgegallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with everyone! Are you SURE it was GAP!? You look so cute and that bag idea is great!

    Jess xox

    timefortea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger