The Blogger Legend, Fashion Toast

Jun 19, 2012


One of the first fashion blogs I came across years ago was Rumi Neely's. She's now famous in the blogosphere and in the fashion world for both her sense of style and beautiful 'street style' photographs. I hesitated to write about her blog Fashion Toast because she is so well known, but then I realized not all of my readers are bloggers, or fashion bloggers at that, so she may be unknown to some people :)

Over the years Rumi's style has evolved quite a bit and although her current style still contains elements of her former urban-hippie-rocker-field frolicker outfits, her overall look is more pulled together, modern and polished. She still has a slightly undone and disheveled quality which makes her outfits so interesting; it's just that the pieces she wears seem to be more tailored and streamlined these days. She's stayed true to her signature monochromatic-esque colour palette of neutrals, and still has a habit of tweaking a piece with scissors to make it perfectly hers.

It's fascinating (and one of the reasons I started a blog) to see how someone's style changes over the years, yet still remains very much "them". Although I think Rumi still has impeccable taste, my favourite Fashion Toast outfits are from the archives, when she wore a lot more vintage, thrift and high street pieces.


 

25 thoughts:

  1. em k, i don't think i have ever looked at her style before. just shows you what i know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post: I like these pictures so much!!I adore her style!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???
    Last day to win a Yosi Samra pair of shoes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, I've never heard of her and will go check her out next!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps Now following you on bloglovin
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intersting blog!
    Please, visit my blog and follow me on Bloglovin if you like it. I will be happy to follow you back, just let me know in the comments ;)

    LA By Diana Live Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of her so glad you posted this! I'll have to check out some of her outfits. The ones you posted are pretty cool I love the wedges she has on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is amazing, such gorgeous style!
    xx






    The Urban Umbrella

    xoxo






    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pretend I look this cool in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is so nice. I also first started to follow her years ago and remember when she first got the F21 campaign and she was splashed across Time Square.

    She still has great style and great photos...but I have to admit, I miss her back in the day (not that I dislike her now...). It's all just different now. =)

    (I know...that probably made no sense)

    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love her. She always looks so stunning and has great style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i know exactly waht you mean! sometimes i want to do a post on her also.. but then think ummm why ? eveyrone knows her! but i always enjoy reading about her. and i agree, i miss the old rumi so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing pictures and beautiful styles.
    xo. Petra

    take a look on my newest Outfit Post with a pretty Giveaway
    http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the leopard dress!

    xo
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never heard of this blogger... Searching for her now!

    Great post!

    http://strictlyviral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. She does have kick ass style all around I think!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must go visit her if you say she's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cant say I have ever seen her in the blogoshpere before but I will check her out! I love vintage looks myself but I find it hard to find quality pieces that I feel are not only worth the price but something I would wear over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love her style. Interesting to see why some people have such an amazing style. I think is partly about not looking like they have tried to hard so the undone hair etc.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the recommendation, definitely need to check her blog out.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rumi is my inspiration for wanting to wear platformed shoes. That's all she wears!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger