backtrack

Jun 11, 2012


On Saturday Jay and I headed downtown and ended up having lunch at one of my favourite places The Green Door. There is no menu, just a huge buffet that changes from day to day and you pay according to how much  your plate weighs. Even though I've heard that other restaurants do this, it's the first place I've eaten at that does and I'm fascinated by the concept! 

It was no surprise that the line-up was out the door when we got there, the place is located right across from a busy farmers market. It was worth the wait because it's one of the best (vegetarian) restaurants in the city. Even though Jay jokes about vegetarian/vegan food being bland, I'm pretty sure he likes this place; he always seems to have things on his plate that he insists I try!

This is what I wore, a lot of jewellery and a sweater with a bunch of stuff going on in the back.


sweater & bangle Anthropologie
necklace & studded wristlet F21
shoes Steve Madden
shorts Wilfred (Aritzia)
lace top Talula (Aritzia)

27 thoughts:

  1. Hiii love the out fit but ur sandals there beautiful hope u have great monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Green Door sounds great! I love finding good veggie restaurants. I also love your tops- lace is so pretty and feminine!

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don´t know how you manage it to look everyday that great! what an amazing cardigan and the collar is preciouss!
    kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that peekaboo sweater! It shows off your lace in front and back :) Your necklace is such an amazing piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great sweater, the slit on the back is so elegant, and the colour is so fun!!

    Jay

    www.capitalfashion613.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sweater is so cool. I love the slit in the back! And the Green Door sounds amazing. It is always nice to find delicious new veggie places. My plate would probably weigh a ton and I would be embarrassed, though. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the romantic feel of your outfit - especially all that jewelry & that yellow cardi.

    i've never heard of a buffet style restaurant like that - the only thing i've seen are the frozen yogurt places like that, which i LOVE!

    hope monday is treating you well!

    - l

    ReplyDelete
  8. your cardi is way cute. I love the little cut out in the back. It adds a nice touch to a seemingly simple sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cardigan! The color is lovely and the back detail is just adorable!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool sweater! This whole outfit is so chic and effortless :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the details to this outfit and the necklace goes so well with the top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Really digging your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Darling outfit! I was just in aritzia today, and seriously....all the colors the lace top comes in had me going crazy. I have one in black but would adore a minty or lilac one too. Too many choices :P btw, wasn't today's heatwave OUT OF CONTROL!? haha :D

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous shirt. I really love how the back of the sweater offers a little sneak peak at the shirt's details. I'm definitely gonna steal a little inspiration from you- love how you're keeping it casual & classy for a nice meal out.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of a restaurant concept like that before! I love your yellow sweater and ponytail, adorbz!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy crap balls E. I love this and that necklace, you better be glad your far away and my box of stuff is already full your going to send me. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for dropping by my blog! I'm your newest follower via bloglovin because I'm a little in love with everything you're wearing in this post. I want to be friends so I can borrow this lace top and cardigan!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely look on you esp with the sweater piece! you look beautiful!

    xx heidi
    life full of loves

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this look! Very cool and downtown for sure. Sounds like a fun restaurant doll!

    xoxo

    Deidre

    lalageorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cute look! I love the yellow top layered over the lace one :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your outfit is so lovely! I love the combination of the lace with the Steve Madden shoes. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that necklace, and I've never seen a sweater like that! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where to start, where to start....
    Well, first off, that necklace is AMAZING. Like wow, that is beautiful, what a statement maker!

    Those shoes, ah, those shoes, I love the beading(I think its beading?) is so pretty and I love how high the straps go. And your cardigan is just amazing, love the open back, its so different!

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for stopping by my blog, i really appreciated your comment :) I love the effect of the peek of lace in the back of your cardigan and the way you paired it with the statement necklace. Not to mention you are so gorgeous!!

    xoxo,
    Iqra

    masaladiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this outfit!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger