and the wind cries Mary

Jun 3, 2012

lace tank top F21
shorts American Eagle
fringed purse FCUK
sweater Anthro
leather jacket Tulle
clogs Steve Madden

One of the benefits of blogging your outfits is you get to see patterns and areas where you maybe need to mix things up. In my case I've noticed all I seem to wear on the weekends are shorts of some kind. Since I cleaned out my closet a few months ago I've been low on summer dresses and am on the lookout for replacements, but so far nothing in stores is appealing to me. Jay and I will be in Toronto in a couple weeks so I'll check my favourite vintage stores in hopes of stocking up.

In other news, I finally managed to get my hands on this purse I've been online stalking for the past year. It cannot get here soon enough!!! I don't know why I'm so picky when it comes to purses (and shoes), I absolutely have to love it/be obsessed before I actually buy it.

 

33 thoughts:

  1. Such a cute outfit! I really love the lace popping out of the bottom. But I totally know what you mean about falling into a routine. Lately, I've been constantly wearing shorts on the weekends. Ah well. I must start wearing my shorter summer dresses on the weekends :) Thanks for the reminder!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous, super pretty!:) i love this lace top <33

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the entire ouyfit,you look so pretty!
    http://shoppingtherapy153.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the outfit.. so dope. need to try this combo soon.
    X
    http://uberchicmichi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. em, k, oh my i like your lace mix blouse combo with the edgy fringed purse & jacket, & the necklace too. nice jimi reference with the post title! :) did i share with you my jimi inspiration blog post, from 2011?
    the link is below.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/2011/06/voodoo-child-indeed.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful necklace. I'm also picky when it comes to shoes and purses which is why I must not like shoe shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how the tank pokes thorugh :) really pretty!

    http://thelittlebrightsides.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your outfit! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the necklace! I'm happy that you finally got your loved bag :)

    http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this! the jacket also looks so cute

    x Jordan
    - Boho Vanity -

    ReplyDelete
  11. The necklace goes really nicely with all your lace details :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great outfit, I love the contrast of textures, with the lacy and crochet tops against the rugged cut off jeans and leather. The metallic necklace finished the look nicely! And I adore your fringe bag !

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great mix of textures and this is sooooo you - romantic bohemian at its best! Love it! Hugs pretty girl!!! ~serene

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love absolutely everything about this outfit!!! Love the hair! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your blog is great! :) I'm following you now :) and thanks for visiting my blog :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. These colors look so great on you, I just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Um seriously OBSESSED with this look, I have that sweater and might have to steal some styling ideas from you now-- just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice to hear that you're getting a purse you will love. Your sweater and lace top look amazing together! I just your style.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely LOVE all of the layering here!! You look so pretty!!
    And I love that you have the same laying shorts as I do from AA! I can't wait to see how you wear them!! :)
    Would you like to follow each other?
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So adorable! I really love your open weave sweater over your top. And nothing wrong with wearing shorts all the time, it is summer! ^_^ I adore your clogs, you make clogs look so stylish and rockin!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow love everything about your style.. I'm your new follower,.. would you care to come visit my blog too and perhaps follow me!!

    Luv, Nyt

    http://metajojuana-under-a-starry-nyt.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your post title! I love the color of that sweater and how the lace tank underneath shows through creating a pretty textured look. you are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this outfit. The lace is beautiful and I love how it shows through your sweater or jumper as we say in the uk. X

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the layering on this outfit! the lace peeking at the bottom looks great and I really like those clogs!
    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the layers you have created! So pretty and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Summer its hard not to wear shorts, I think! Especially with such a cute mixing of layers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look really good... I think this top sweater makes you look very young and fresh!

    http://strictlyviral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. beautiful bag, I'm also picky about shoes and bags since I want something I'm absolutely in love with to invest in and use endlessly.

    ps. thanks for commenting on my blog, glad to see another fellow Canadian around the blogshphere.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really chilled, pretty look- I love your gorgeous lace sweater!

    Sofi xx

    http://style-ramblings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. oh what a great look! especially those clogs, i love them!
    kiss,mary
    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. LOOOOOVE this outfit!
    HOORAY! I'm so happy you finally bought that bag!! :D I am the same way with purses and shoes! I can't have just any old bag or shoes from popular stores. They have to be unique and PERFECTLY me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger