something neon and something neutral

May 8, 2012


Besides obsessing over Mulberry handbags, I've been loving the neon and neutral looks that appeared in their spring 2012 show. Of all the spring collections I went through (and there were a lot, trust me), this one really stood out. It stuck with me because there's just something about neon yellow and beige/khaki/tan paired together! I loved their take on the short suit and how they incorporated the whole sport couture trend, a look I'm still on the fence about.

So last week when I came across this shirt at BCBG, the first thing I thought of was the outfits that came down the Mulberry runway for spring. It's similar to the sporty style of the baseball shirt (far right picture above), and of course I like how the lace adds a bit of femininity. I wore the shirt last weekend and paired it with black, but that combination looked a bit harsh. I think it would look better paired with a dark tan colour, possibly some sort of buttery leather like in the original collection. Now if only I could get that much volume in my hair...


 

17 thoughts:

  1. Oooo I know what you mean! I adore the pops of neon in this collection (especially on the terrier, oh my!). I hope you find something cute and tan to pair it with. Sounds like it would look nice with jeans too :)

    Thank you for your kind words about my friend <3
    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top you picked up, the colours complement each other perfectly. Ive not seen much of the neon and neutral look but I like what I've seen xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i never would have thought to put these colors together. it makes for a lovely combination. i am so digging that top too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that this mix is off the beaten path a bit and not something you have seen done a bunch of times. I like your top anything with a bit of lace is a plus in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Summer 2012 heaven! I wish I could go shopping and buy all new neon pieces! A girl can dream right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I love neon and neutrals! The BCBG shirt is beautiful, I love the neon lace :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty combination of neon and neutrals. Love the top...the lace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, aren't Mulberry bags just the best? (I drool over them almost daily, if only they weren't so insanely expensive....)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love neon and neutrals together. This top looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The top actually does look like something that would come out of that collection- great find! Ah man, forget getting hair that volumized...summer's rolling around and I'd just settle for non dry or frizzy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't seen this combination before and I didn't notice it when I looked through Mulberry's collection. But now that you've brought it to light, I think it's great and refreshing for spring. I might have to try since I love neutrals and don't have much yellow in my closet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great find. I hadn't thought of neon with beige shades, but it does give a different flair than the expected pairings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really adore their spring collection-- not only the neon but that hair!! just divine! & i think the shirt is dead on in mulberry essence :DD fab find!
    thanks so much for your comment on my blog :DD
    xx Corinne
    cateyesandthighhighs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. neon and neutral do look good together, I like the mulberry collection. The colors are so fabulous! You got a great buy too, neon lace! How awesome!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. summer is all about NEON ! esp the yellow. have you seen urban outfitters lately?

    ReplyDelete
  16. @tala, I haven't been to Urban for a few months, I guess I'll have to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger