minty fresh

May 10, 2012



Well I found something mint that I love, no surprise it's lace! This is an outfit I wore last week, I gave up trying to post outfits the same day I wore them long ago! It's my favourite way to do pattern mixing; combining different prints and textures.

On the topic of things that I did last week, Jay and I saw a hilarious show last Thursday at Absolute Comedy. We go there a lot and it was possibly the best line-up of comedians we've seen so far. For some reason we seem to get seated in the front row a lot, even though I always say no when the host asks if we want to sit in the front!! This time I figured we'd be safe because we were seated at the side of the stage, barley in the comedian's peripheral vision. 

I was wrong because midway through his set the headliner Jim McNally turned to me and asked me my name and proceeded to make fun of me and Jay, so much for going unnoticed! It was funny but thankfully there was a group of Jersey Shore type guys all blinged out in their finest sitting along side us who were easier targets. If you ever have a chance to catch a show at Absolute Comedy you should, it's always a fun night :)


mint coloured shirt Talula (Aritzia)
polka dot shirt Zara
skirt Old, don't know where I bought it
jacket Tulle
shoes Rocket Dog
purse Club Monaco

28 thoughts:

  1. Cute layering scheme! I really love those lace Talula tops, they are all so pretty and the colors are gorgeous :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute :)

    xx, Hanna
    http://whoishanna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to comedy shows! So fun, but I am always scared the comedian will start making fun of me! This outfit is so great. I love the mix of patterns/textures. You do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute picture! Love the jacket and shoes!!
    xx
    http://junebiswas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfit :) nice photos :)

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look darling! Thanks for linking to my site, I have linked to yours, too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures look really good... cute outfit. Plus I think your model looks gorgeous. You're an inspiration!

    Belinda.

    http://beelineclothings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this outfit! the mix goes together so well and the top is perfection! digging your shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty! Love all these prints and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a pretty outfit.

    I think if a comedian singled me out I would just melt from embarrassment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you had fun. i don't know if i would like to be targeted. your outfit is deliciously spring-tastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the mint color that's been floating about this season. I tried on a few mint things last shopping trip and would have picked them up but they were a bit see through on me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a charming look! I love how you used the black to tie everything together! BEAUTIFUL!!! Big hug to you girly! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the layering and the different patterns. The mint lace top is gorgeous. Mint is such a great color for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely look on you. I love the way you mixed the polka dot with the florals! pretty!

    xoxo

    lalageorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh that lace mint top is so feminine! I'm in love with it! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  17. wouldn't never have thought to mix and layer but damn it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the lace top! Such a pretty color. I would have never thought to layer like that but it looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great style!!
    Love your pics!

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a perfect dress to wear. I love your dress and your shoes are really to die for. Have a nice day!

    wWw.FashionFitOut.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. you look beautiful and magnificent dear! major love on the blue crochet top and purse :D I love your blog, all contents are amazing <3

    follow me if you love to, and i’ll follow you back :)

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never been to a comedy show, isn't that sad?! I love that minty lace top, especially how you layered it here!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This out fit is yum! I always set way like in the balcony if I can during those things. I had a friend that called up on stage and ended up clucking like chicken. No thanks I will pass

    ReplyDelete
  24. Inspiring layering! The black shoes and jacket grounds the femininity of the rest of your outfit nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger