happiness is sunshine and shorts

May 7, 2012


shorts Free People
t-shirt Kimchi & Blue (Urban Outfitters)
cardigan Wilfred (Aritzia)
boots Town Shoes
rings Forever 21 

Yesterday was such a great day because it finally felt like spring! Jay and I went for the first bike ride of the season and I have to say I was pretty rusty. After a few wobbly take-offs I got the hang of it and we spent a large part of the afternoon exploring bike paths and soaking up the sun. There's nothing quite like struggling to the top of a hill (and maybe stopping halfway on a particularly steep one to walk your bike to the top) then coasting all the way down, wind blowing in your hair. Jay tried to teach me the ins and outs of hill climbing, including standing up and using your body weight to pedal the bike. By the end of our ride I could do it, but only on flat terrain! Now that I know it's possible to ride a bike and not have any mishaps, I'll bring my camera along next time :) 



39 thoughts:

  1. so pretty! :)

    xx, Hanna
    http://whoishanna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look!


    http://365daysfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for shorts weather! I'm not a fan of sweating when I walk outside, but at least now we have a right to bear our legs!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy hotness em k! glad you had a good bike ride. remember you said i was lucky to live close to my family? i don't. they live like 3 states away. i just post photos of them on my blog, all the time, so they know they are in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such an awful bike rider- I got my first bike in 10 years recently and am so wobbly! Those shorts are stunning and you always have the best jewels! P.S> I'm almost 100% certain I saw you at Absolute Comedy last week- I was way at the back so by the time the show finished you were long gone- next time hopefully we can say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the outfit, looks so comfty and chic. I don't even know how to ride a bike so you're so far ahead of me. Sounds like you had a wonderful day outdoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tinfoil Tiaras, it was me at Absolute Comedy! We go there a lot so i'm sure we'll run into each other again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. happiness is definitely sunshine and shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i never ever will be able to master the standing-while-peddling thing. i always almost fall off- i'm so not skilled. i love your boots, they're so cute and slouchy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I LOVE the shorts! And that sounds like so much fun, it's been forever since I've been biking :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you've inspired me to go on a hunt for the perfect bike :) justin & i have been talking about how much we'd like to ride bikes this season, but we just haven't gotten around to it yet.

    by the way, what nail polish do you have on in these pics? i LOVE it.

    - l

    ReplyDelete
  12. you always looks so effortlessly put together! i love these shorts! and your weekend sounds so great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cardigan, I love the texture! Glad you got to enjoy the lovely weather outdoors too!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  14. @siddathornton you guys should get bikes/go riding, it seriously is so much fun!

    The polishes are both by Essie, bottom is angora cardi & top is a cut above :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this oputfit so much! Very natural and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute shorts and really gorgeous nails ! :> Nice look, love the photos..

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. your shorts are seriously cute. I couldnt ride my bike up hill if my life depended on it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this outfit! :) Just wanted to tell you that I am having a giveaway on my blog. When you have time, please check it out. Thanks!

    http://seekvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so with you sunshine and shorts are the best things in life. I'm not so good at bike riding either, hills are my enemy!

    -Ash
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this casual, looks-thrown-together outfit. The tousled updo is perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness what a great look! I love everything about it but I especially love your shoes. Where did you get those if you don't mind me asking? I adore your blog, can't wait to keep reading :)

    Julie
    http://truelifetwenties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. And did you wear that outfit when you rode the bike? lol. You defiantly can rock the shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. you are a queen of lace! I like all your lacy pieces, you reinvent lace and make every piece looks so hip and cool, ...that probably explain the name of your blog. I like this indie look, the colors are subtly chic!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the lace shorts...so very pretty. You look great, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love spring, summer and the sun! It really cheers me up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi, love how you dress! So chic! Your shorts are amazing
    Thanks for the comment on my blog, love

    -Che
    http://www.style-che.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. @Julie, the boots are from Town Shoes, their own label.

    @dusty, you bet I wore this biking!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you very much for your comment. Your blog is really too cute. You are Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Merci pour ton commentaire :)

    Très belle tenue, et j'adore tes bijoux.

    Des bisous

    http://1vestidoyescarpines.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  30. love this outfit! you look so pretty

    x Jordan
    - Boho Vanity -

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh you look so cute with these shorts, I like so much the neutral color !

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute! I have some very similar boots!

    ReplyDelete
  33. such a feminine and soft look. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ohhh, that large ring is just beautiful! And I so like you cute outfit, you look so effortless and adorable. (And wearing those awesome boots!)

    ReplyDelete
  35. gorgeous mama! i want those shorts, bad.

    ReplyDelete
  36. love the mix of girly & tomboy. lovelovelove! & can i just say how jealous i am about the bike riding? i have no idea how to ride & the weather is just perfect for it lately :D

    xx Corinne

    ReplyDelete
  37. those colours look so pretty on you. I love the shorts. Looks like we might get some spring sunshine this weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  38. LOVE. this. outfit. Such a great look on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger