feels like summer

May 21, 2012

lace trimmed shorts Free People
lace blouse F21
shoes Jeffrey Campbell Splendid
purse Vintage
sun glasses Le Chateau

It has been so ridiculously hot over the last few days that even laying in the shade reading required a few gallons of water or a break to swim in the pool. It doesn't cool down at night either and we had to turn the air conditioning on. 

This is an outfit repeat, one of those outfits that's too good not to wear two days in a row. The lace trimmed blouse is nice and light and goes with just about anything, it even works worn over a bathing suit! I keep pairing it with my tap shorts, because really, there's no such thing as too much lace. I'm off to enjoy this holiday Monday, last day of freedom before the work week :)


42 thoughts:

  1. you look romantic and gorgeous. if i looked like you in this outfit, i'd wear it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all that lace is making my heart flutters! Lovely outfit, black and white lacy combo is ultra feminine and chic! The necklaces are fabulous!

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed you can never have too much lace! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the lace is just the right amount of perfect. this outfit is gorgeous em k work of art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been soooooo hot this weekend! I've been stuck inside doing work stuff (boooo!) but at least there is air conditioning. My apartment is a sauna tho! haha Cute outfit for keeping cool, love all the lace detailing :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great! :)

    http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe all the beautiful lace items that you own. This outfit does not disappoint...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely and romantic! Ad most definitely want to remake this look now, so inspired :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous top and cute shorts. I've been feeling the heat too! I was tempted to turn on the A/C but tried my best not too. Won't be long before having the A/C is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving the shorts and the JC's! You look great Em! I've been enjoying the heat in the T.O too and I'm trying not tho think about when the actual heat wave will arrive!!

    xoxo

    lalageorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. those shorts are the best thing ever! Such a pretty soft & feminine look!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks a lot for your comment:) you are so pretty!! and i love this lace outfit. following now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it! great top!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous top! And it looks great with the shorts

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful outfit and photos!:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the lace!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great outfit :) And I love the shoes :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely did an outfit repeat over the weekend- sometimes it just works! I love the feminine detailing on your top and shorts and the aztec style jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous outfit! I agree, there definitely isn't such a thing as too much lace :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the lacie details!
    Thank you for your comment dear, following you and hope you can also follow back
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha there really isn't a thing as too much lace. i think you look really dreamy- i especially love that white blouse. it looks so feminine

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your top! It looks gorgeous with your shorts!!

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE! I love the black & white lace together!!

    Corinne xo
    http://corinnemonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. ahhh i love outfit repeats!! & you totally rocked the lace!!
    hope it cools off by you soon :D

    xx Corinne
    cateyesandthighhighs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omg!!! I love the shirt, i love the details <3 !!!!
    angelasquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Emmett dear, I think you should consider modelling because you photograph really well... Love you outfit to bits!

    htp://striclyviral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all the lace, this outfit is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this look, especially the lace top and platforms!

    Lynn
    CARMEN VOGUE

    ReplyDelete
  29. I cn see why this would be a repeat outfit, it's that fabulous! You have such an amazing personal style, I always drool over your style posts. That beautiful white top, those lace shoets, the heel and oh yeah, that AWESOME necklace, this outfit just screams coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think I would wear this outfit 5 days in a row! LOL! I LOVE IT!!! xoxo A-

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am about to buy a pair of shorts from free people is there one you recommend? do they fit true to size? what are your suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  32. @ A Fine Balance, I really like free people shorts, and when shopping online I try and read 3 or 4 reviews (good & bad) to get a feel for fit and quality. Sometimes people upload pics of themselves wearing what they ordered and that helps to see what it looks like on a real person.

    I've found free people shorts that are sized by waist measurements (26/27/28 etc) tend to be true to size. the tap shorts I have fit a bit big so I'd order a size down from your regular size if you go with those ones.

    Hoped that helped!

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  33. thanks for visiting my blog! love your outfit and lace! you look beautiful! have a fabulous day!

    xx heidi
    life full of loves

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ohmygoodness, I love your top- it's so feminine and romantic! X

    ReplyDelete
  35. Repeat or not this is stunning. Oh and it's supposed to be 97 here this weekend. I think I will just lay on top the AC.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the lace shorts and shirt together!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The lace shorts are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  38. annnnd yet again, you legs look awesome in lace. maybe i need to invest in some self-tanner and some lace shorts so i can be cool like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I so agree about the lace. :) This outfit is so cute! Love those shoes. I've been wanting a good pair of clogs. But I am so poor right now. and I have the tiniest feet. haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger