black & white

May 28, 2012


Monday morning can never quite live up to a weekend filled with warm weather, BBQs, Dairy Queen and waking up naturally without the sound of a screaming alarm clock. Hot humid days means coming up with creative ways to keep my hair out of my face, and it doesn't help that I'm growing out layers and heavy bangs. Bobby pins have become my best friend!

I've wanted a white blazer for awhile and when I found this one at Forever 21 that was completely lined, I snatched it up. Although it's great to invest in classic pieces, white's pretty hard to keep spotless (especially when you've earned the nickname mess-maker and carry a tide pen everywhere) so it's save not splurge for me. I'm still undecided about having it altered because I like it's boxy, boyfriend shape, but it might be even better with a few darts added to it.

embroidered shirt Thrifted
flats Zara
white blazer Forever 21
lace shorts Talula (Aritzia)
necklace H&M

Changing for bed I realized I wore my shorts backwards all day, can't believe I didn't notice!!

32 thoughts:

  1. The top and the shorts are great!

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous outfit! Too funny that you did not realize it was backwards :)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so angelic in this outfit...the white blazer is a gorgeous piece. Looks perfect with your embroidered top and lacy shorts. By the way i can't tell that you wore it backwards...:-)

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never stop myself from getting white completely dirty. No matter how hard I try something always ends up on it somewhere. lol I do love this look all together tho very feminine. I would maybe add a dart or two to the blazer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top is amazing!

    http://365daysfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. backwards lace shorts or not, they look superb on you, em k. i seriously want that embroidered blouse! it delights me to no end. glad you found a white blazer. i seem to dirty up my white things too. grrr! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit looks Amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. those lace shorts look awesome on you. serious leg envy happening!! xo-LBK

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look gorgeous! I can never get enough of all your lace pieces. This is definitely a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I have never been one for blazers, but this looks great with the black & white look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. my problem with white clothing is pit stains. they're a pain! but you look fab and i do love those white shorts...even if they are backward haha. cute flats too :)

    -rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is faboo and I know what you mean. The little clippy barrettes are my friend right now growing out my bangs. They won't do jack crap.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally LOVE this outfit to bits! That blazer really dresses the whole look up, and I love your shoes!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights
    the shop of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow hun that white blazer was such a wonderful find. You've worn it so well and the fit is just absolutely perfect on ya. Hope you've been having a fabulous start to your new week!

    Eeli xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are gorgeous, and I really love your style!

    Love those lace shorts!<3
    Thankyou for your visit..
    Follow each other?:)


    Love,
    Shubhi's Revels!

    ReplyDelete
  16. haha that's so funny, I feel like that sometimes too with my clothes, the front and back are so similar and there isn't a tag in the back, it's on the side so it doesnt help let you know which side is which...this outfit looks so pretty on you! I think the blazer will look great both ways.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's definitely a good find from Forever 21. I love the look of a crisp white blazer, but it's so hard to find a good one. Looks awesome with the shirt too!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  18. White is so hard to keep clean, I pretty much always manage to get a stain somewhere. :P

    I really love this look, the white blazer and those lace shorts go PERFECTLY, this is such a classic and chic look and I love how you threw it a bit of your style with the tovely top.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous outfit! On first look, it actually looks like a dress or romper - definitely a one piece. I love when a top and bottom from different stores match so well :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous outfit! so romantic and chic, just love it!

    follow u :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great outfit. The lace is so feminine and chic.

    Cheers,
    Bree
    Dream in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your comment!!love your style,your outfits are amazing!i am your new follower.i am also following you on blogloving!would you like to follow me back?
    http://shoppingtherapy153.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those lace shorts ARE AMAZING. Thanks so much for turning me on to your lovely blog.

    x The Pretty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful look, very sophisticated! Looks like we were on the same page with the black and white theme :) Thanks for the comment! I am now following. Hope you follow back!

    Marisa
    http://brokewithdesignertaste.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous blazer, I've worn pants backwards too! Okay they were sweatpants but still embarrassing haha.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i;ll be stealing those shorts from you asap. kthnxbye.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the striking colours in this outfit and yet more amazing shorts! The top is really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! Nice mix of feminine and masculine :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. ahh just came across your blog! really love how polished your outfit is!

    and also thanks for commenting on my blog a while ago!

    http://wishuponasmile.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a beautiful outfit- that white blazer is pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger