starbucks & soca

Mar 18, 2012




shorts American Apparel
knee socks Urban Outfitters
white lace top Costa Blanca
shoes Sperry Topsiders
linen cardigan T babaton (Aritzia)

Yesterday while most people were gearing up for St Patrick's Day, Jay and I headed to Toronto. It was ridiculously warm and I wore something that would be comfortable for a long car ride and an afternoon of walking around. These pics were taken when we stopped at Starbucks for a coffee and their wifi. Tickets for Dark Lord Day were suppose to go on sale at noon, so we were set up and ready to go, but nothing. We tried for half an hour (Jay on his laptop, me on my phone) before giving up. I guess there's always next year!

After an afternoon of shopping, we spent the evening at the Wave Room dancing to soca, eating Italian food and celebrating my friends engagement. I haven't listened to soca since my University days, I think it's time I added some to my iTunes! I ended up wearing a crepe orange dress from Club Monaco that's a bit too low-cut for my taste, nothing a strategic safety pin couldn't fix. I tried risotto balls for the first time, and I'm not sure if they're normally spicy but I looovvvved the ones served at the party!



22 thoughts:

  1. love the lace top and that gorgeous crepe orange dress!

    ♥ laura
    the blog of worldly delights

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute outfit girlie! I can't wait to start wearing shorts and thigh highs again - the weather is suppose to be insane this week, like up to 24?! aaah :) So happy! Glad you here your trip to Toronto went well :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame about the tickets but looks like you had an awesome day anyway! I love your outfit - those shoes are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking super cool and relaxed. And the trace of lipstick on the coffe cup is actually very sexy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. em k, i like that we got to see 2 very nice & completely different outfits in one post! :)they're both so stylishly you. looks like you had an outstanding weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Your loafers! That outfit! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Tdot was definetly gorgeous over the weekend! Im in love with the denim shorts and the knee highs! Interesting instagram pics too!

    xoxo

    lalageorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so amazing! Love the beautiful top, pretty flats and that fabulous bag! I'm obsessed :) You have an amazing sense of style and I'm glad to be your new follower.

    Happy Monday :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. The knee-socks look way cool with this outfit.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like so much fun!! Those knee socks look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love your leopard shoes. I am convinced that leopard is a neutral.

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmm, risotto balls sound so good! I love this look--those loafers are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a lovely weekend- I love Toronto- it's such a vibrant city! Orange is a great colour on you and I love the pastel nail colour.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a cool outfit! i especially like your bag! :)

    p.s. i think a starbucks cup adds to an outfit. ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Fashion To Figure Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. Always have the best accessories :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are so so pretty!
    i love the dress you wore to the Wave room!
    looks like fun!
    xx

    www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you have a really Glam and sassy style. I like your lacy top which contrasts nicely with your jeans shorts. Looks great with knee high socks and animal print shoes too
    Mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This outfit is all kinds of awesome, you have lace, cute shorts, high socks and leopard flats! (I love the socks and leopard flats together, very fun.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so damn cute girl! Love your style.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger