Spring 2012 Trend: Minty Green Goodness. Runway to Real Life

Mar 29, 2012

I'm at home sick today, drinking copious amounts of tea and trying not to cough up a lung. Yuck. I watched a bit of Downton Abbey for the first time (which I've been calling Downtown Abbey, oops) and I can see why it's getting a lot of hype. Besides story lines that suck you in (I have no idea where in season one I started watching), the period costumes are beautiful. No way I'd want to dress like that now but all the layers and lace and intricate details were a treat to look at :)

Since I was in the mood to look at pretty things (ha ha ok, when am I not in the mood to look at pretty things?) I spent some time going through the Spring 2012 ready to wear collections. I would love to have everything from the Jill Stuart show hanging in my closet; the pastels, the lady-like shapes, the whimsical prints, all so pretty and wearable in real life. Mint appeared in many different collections and the theme seemed to be softening the icy colour with delicate drapey silhouettes.  


Jill Stuart, Vera Wang, Jill Stuart, Tibi, Vera Wang, Tibi all via Style.com

I've been looking for a mint coloured dress for awhile now and since there's not much in stores (my size is always sold out at Zara!!) I've made a list of dresses I'll have to stalk online. I really like the Love (Topshop) dress, it would be perfect with a pair of knee-high fringed moccasins but I worry it would be more of a shirt than a dress on me!

mint dresses spring 2012

25 thoughts:

  1. Gorg. Die for the middle top photo. To rock that.. dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mint clothing ... Can't wait to get my first piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to start Downton Abbey (which I was also calling "downtown" Abbey til you said this...oops) but of course I have no time in my life :( Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I too been looking for a cute and versatile mint piece. I love the dresses, so cute esp. the second piece. I hope you get better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone is loving this color because most anyone can wear it. But I will take dress #5 right his second! Hope you feel better E!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, I absolutely love the mint sheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the dresses that you have selected are so beautiful! I already have one mint dress, but I wouldn't mine to have all of them xD get better!

    http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't seem to get enough of this shade either, love you picks!
    feel better!!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. i also adore the Love dress! Goreous picks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i can't wait to try this trend out! these are some pieces i think i can thrift ;-) hope you have a great weekend girlie!

    x, james

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get something in mint ASAP. I love the dresses!

    xoxo

    lalageorgia.blogspot.ocm

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE number 2. I'm obsessed with everything mint green lately.

    Thanks for your comment - you have a lovely blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. that color is honestly starting to become my new favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The halter dress the model is wearing is sooooo beautiful. I think I need more of this color in my life too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mint is such a beautiflu colour, I'm glad there is so much of it around at the moment!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you're feeling better! I love these pretty mint picks, especially that first dress. The orange trim at the bottom is such a unique detail!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh! i love all the dress you picked! especially the Vanessa Bruno one!
    xx

    www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE YOUR BLOG! I AM NOW FOLLOWING. I hope you can check mine out and FOLLOW: http://the-proverbs.blogspot.com . Thank you so much for your time.


    0:)

    GOD BLESS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am definitely loving the mint trend as well. I have been searching everywhere in stores for a lovely mint dress, but unfortunately have had no luck. Looks like I need to online shop now lol. xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I would wear every single one of these minty green dresses. I love this hue of green, especially for the spring time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, I hope you feel better. But I'm with you, I am loving the minty-goodness, it's such a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm totally craving mint this season... still looking for the perfect piece to add to my wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love mint.

    Congrats on making the Links a la Mode!

    Have a nice weekend, Jenny

    http://www.dresscodehighfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. i didn't like the mint at first, but i grew to like it and i totally love it now especially on sheer fabrics like silk and chiffon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved the Topshop dress too! Its really nice!
    xx
    http://junebiswas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger