I need the darkness, someone please cut the lights

Mar 20, 2012


linen polka dot t-shirt Zara
leather button up Helmut Lang
skirt Urban Outfitters
necklace F21
boots Town Shoes

Pictures from my last day in Toronto, taken right after having lunch at an always packed Fresh. I know, I know!! I'm obsessed with good vegan food. Besides hunting out vegan restuarants whenever I travel, I'm always checking out the hashtags #whatveganseat and #whatvegansmake on instagram to see what other people are cooking up! Some people love looking at elaborate cakes and treats, I seem to love looking at different assortments of vegetables. lol. Don't get me wrong thought, I still love treats!! 

Technically I'm a vegetarian, but I appreciate vegan food and when the farmers market opens in the summer I tend to eat more vegan meals. Vegan food doesn't have to be weird and gross, I think everyone should give it a chance :)

It was pretty warm in Toronto, so I busted out my "spring jacket", a light button up that's pretty warm despite the sheer panelling on the inner sleeves. This folksy skirt was a $5 find from years ago, I went hunting through my pictures to find an old picture of me wearing it, don't judge me for the white belt, I guess my tastes have changed over the years!!!

visiting my sister & niece. I suspect those might be uggs on my feet :O !!! 

25 thoughts:

  1. Love this combination! Pretty skirt!

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the patterns combos! i am vegetarian, as well, but i love dairy too much to go completely vegan. but you are right, there are so many good recipes out there, that i think it would be a lot easier to do than most people would believe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vegan treats! I feel like I should really start making them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your shirt....thx for stoping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so pretty! I love that necklace and coat.

    I am a vegetarian too and try vegan foods but I never have much luck with them :/ I must be looking in the wrong places or something.

    And omg you look so different in the older pic! I think it might just be the hair but what a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello katherine, i saw your comment in my blog, thanks for passing by.
    i like your necklace :)
    mouah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. em k, you are such a style inspiration! :) in the top photo: the necklace with the blouse. i want those boots! i like the way you mixed the patterns. i adore that skirt. in the bottom photo: i have a white belt very similar to the one you are wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beautiful! I love your boho chic look! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So precious Your outfit is like a little urban and rustic combination look. Love it!

    Xo, Audrey
    audswan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. your outfit is so so cute! i want your closet haha xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the combination of prints together! Your hair looks really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this, its is so sweet and soft and then Bam! Awesome studded boots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooohh, love your pattern mixing! And those boots are awesome.

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Toronto I always have so much fun there! Love the skirt what a great $5 find :)

    -Ash

    ReplyDelete
  15. The polka dot shirt is really cute, and I really love the details of the skirt. Great outfit!

    <a href="http://sincerelysabrina.com>Sincerely,
    Sabrina</a>

    ReplyDelete
  16. very lovely outfit. love the spotted top.

    http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. This look is so fabulous on you!!! Effortless!

    7eventh Letter
    http://www.whatsmoreimportantthanfashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your bag!

    http://taipeistyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh you always look so amazing darling! i love your skirt and the boots!
    kiss,mary
    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Catching up on my blogs since I was out of town. Love the skirt.. and Uggs I don't care what anyone says I love em!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOVE this look-- so many pretty layers to it! And those boots are too cool

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that skirt, so pretty! an a very cute niece.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that skirt, especially paired with that polka dot top! I don't have much experience with vegan food, but I'll try anything once :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is so very you!love your necklace here too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger