Happy Birthday Love!!!

Mar 28, 2012


sweater & skirt Wilfred (Aritzia)
embellished tank Pins and Needles (Urban Outfitters)
clutch Club Monaco
boots Jessica Simpson
headband Forever 21

It's Jay's birthday today, he turns a whopping 27!! Happy Birthday Love!!! He's really good at asking questions and I'm really bad at keeping happy secrets, which is not really a good combination when it comes to birthday presents!! I've done pretty well at keeping some of his gifts a surprise, they've been wrapped and hidden for awhile now, away from prying eyes and hands that shake packages. He doesn't know what they are :)

Since it's league night (squash) for Jay today he won't be home till a lot later. We decided to do presents and cake tonight with his family, but we went out to celebrate yesterday (just the two of us). We had dinner at the Red House (in Kingston) then went to Alibi afterwards for their craft beer selection. Since they have tons of board games we ended up playing chess while trying out different IPAs and I got my @ss kicked - I used to be pretty good at chess too!!! Apparently Jay used to be a chess champion back in high school and was unbeatable.

Last night's outfit consisted of a long skirt since it no longer feels like spring, my favourite grandpa-ish sweater that kept snagging and catching on my embellished shirt and a burlap sack clutch covered in brooches. I liked it :)


Happy Birthday to my favourite person!!

33 thoughts:

  1. Very beautiful outfit, love the top!! Happy Birthday to Jay..hope he has a fab time! Thanks for popping by, hope you will return :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so pretty! i love that your outfit is sort of ethereal and rocker at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit! That top is so pretty. And I love how you made the look your own with the grandpa sweater and cool boots. Happy Birthday to Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your headband! Happy birthday to Jay! Thanks for your sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your outfit! especially your clutch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jay! Love the nail polish (and the thumb ring) and the clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh!! How cute!! the headband it´s so cooL! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your lovah! I am sure he thinks he's the luckiest guy in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely outfit. It sounds like the two of you had a great evening! Happy Birthday to Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute outfit I love the bag! I'm also really bad at keeping happy secrets especially birthday presents and I always end up just giving it to them early because I can't keep a secret lol

    -Ash
    Beauty Flawed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfit is CUTE!!! Love your blog BTW! I am now following you. I hope you do the same back. Thanks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh your headband is lovely and I love your new header xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh your headband is lovely and I love your new header xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute outfit, love teh clutch!

    xo, Yi-chia
    www.alwaysmaylee.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a romantic and sweet outfit with a little edge with the boots. I love the clutch and headband. Hope you and Jay had an amazing time spent together.-x

    ReplyDelete
  16. em k, hope your jay has a wonderful day, just like your outfit. :) i am horrible at chess. it hurts my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited to have found your blog. Your name (spelling and all) has been my number one choice for if we have a boy some day. Never thought of it as an option for a girl and now I am IN LOVE with it. So so pretty!

    I am excited to be your newest blog follower and can't wait to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the headband! wish i had your closet haha :) xx
    my blog: boho vanity

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like it was a good time in K-town - I love that you go there often, its cool to hear about places you've been too. I had only been to the Alibi maybe twice, it was okay. I really love your clutch and the bling on it :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  20. @tasia I should write more in depth about the places I go too then! I don't mind Alibi as long as we sit in the back section (where the couch is or on the couch!) and they have a decent beer selection along with rotating taps. sucks they don't have a kitchen.

    RedHouse reminded me of the Iron Duke on Wellington, a bit more upscale/more mature crowd. The food was decent, the soup was good and the grilled squash sandwich was possibly the best sandwich I've ever eaten. some of the other things (fries, argulua salad) were WAAAAAAAAAAY too salty and they have a pretty small beer list. the ambience is nice though.

    neither place can beat Pub Italia in Ottawa though!

    @ Brhea thanks for such a lovely compliment :)

    and thanks all for Jay's birthday wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tell him Happy Birthday from us! Isn't sad how it no longer feels like spring? I love your headband and jewerly, so cute and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love the feminine yet edgy feel to this. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are beautiful! I love everything about this look, especially the boots and the headband! xo

    http://dreamingenfrancais.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah, I'm the same way with secrets and presents. I get so excited about them, I just can't wait to tell!
    This is cute and cute and fun outfit, I love how you make slouchy sweater and boots look so awesome and cute. (And your headband is adorable.)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love that clutch with the details on it. It's the perfect accessory to this outfit! Happy birthday to Jay!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You looked so pretty and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday to him! Your top is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous outfit! Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh i love how you pair your clothes darling! this cute flowerheadband and the girly top are so amazing with your biker boots! and happy birthday to your hubby;)
    love and kiss,mary
    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are gorgeous!! And you're so right about the skirt. I have worn it both during the day & at night. It transitions beautifully! :)

    I have followed u both on bloglovn & gfc! Please do the same for me if you like my blog! Either way, I like ur style & look forward to seeing more posts!

    www.theShopaholic247.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you, thank you very much for stopping in my blog!!!!
    happy birthday to your boyfriend!!!
    And nice blog!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger