Spring 2012 Trends: Youthful Innocence at Louis Vuitton (Lace & Pastels)

Feb 26, 2012



Given my propensity for lace, it's probably no surprise that it's my favourite trend for spring. Of all the collections that showcased it, the Louis Vuitton line was by far my favourite and not just because Kate Moss walked in the show! The subtle use of pastels in the pieces was the most appealing aspect; dresses with an almost ombre effect, soft pinks and minty greens overlaid with white over-sized eyelet lace meant that anyone could wear the colours of the season without having to worry if they were flattering. 

This was a super sweet collection that channeled a youthful romantic vibe, reminiscent of the 60s. Besides being mesmerized by the doily lace, ostrich feathers and eye catching accessories, I was struck by the silhouettes and longer hemlines. Everything looked slightly vintage yet modern in a modest way. There was a bit of an over-sized, but balanced feel to the details; exaggerated collars, big buttons and large lace cutouts working in harmony with the shapes that appeared on the catwalk. 

The accessories were as beautiful as the rest of the collection; candy coloured shoes interspersed with metallic accents, purses that looked like they'd go with anything, dishevelled up-dos topped with rhinestone tiaras and headbands, I look forward to seeing if Marc Jacob's fashion fairytale influences what's available in stores this spring.  





photos via Vogue, Vogue UK & Tumblr (uncredited)

16 thoughts:

  1. I love this. I am a huge fan of pastels and lace, and this new ombre thing with dresses looks awesome, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those close-ups of the lace cut outs! lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the peter pan collars and pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! I'm in love with your writing, soooo detailed. Lace is definetly a favourite of mine for spring!

    xoxo

    lalageorgia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i need one of those in my closet. thanks for commenting on my blog. now following you.
    http://uberchicmichi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of this lace. I'm not a hugely feminine person when it comes to style, but this works for me.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  7. a bid too innocent for my taste but a very nice collection xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, and I adore the headbands! Thank you so much for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's refreshing to see a nice simple pallet of the pastel colors and fresh clean looks instead being overdramatic

    ReplyDelete
  10. This collection is just the most beautiful thing ever isn't it?! I adore the hair and makeup especially!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the colors in this collection! It's definitely a collection of innocence and purity! Great post hun! :)

    LB
    x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still want lace colar after seeing this collections!it`s perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i´m honestly not such a big fan of pastel colours but this colection is really gorgous and very retro!
    love and kiss,mary
    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes! love luis vuitton runway for spring... i have to say though, the most eye catching thing are the amazingly cool shoes <3

    xo alax

    www.gypsyriot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger