somebody that i used to know

Feb 6, 2012


sweater Anthropologie
coat and hat H&M
velvet beaded purse Zara
long necklace Club Monaco

Random beaded velvet purse, old pants from high school that I can never seem to part with, my favourite anthro sweater and a hat to attempt to hide my hair until I figure out what to do with it. Worn yesterday when the temps dropped below zero and wearing a skirt was out of the question.

It was a pretty laid back weekend because I didn't have to travel anywhere (so happy about this) and I had access to my entire closet rather than a small selection of stuff I crammed into a suitcase! I slept in, went out for dinner, hung out at my friends house (where I accidentally spilled a giant box of cookies on her floor making the hugest mess ever! It was hilarious only because she's a bit of a neat freak and the box totally dropped in slow motion), and best of all Jay was home :) 

We went to Jay's family Superbowl Sunday party where no one watched the game, everyone watched the half time show, (Madonna looks amazing can I please look that fit when I'm in my 50s?!) and I learned how to play gin rummy. On a completely different note this song/band/cover by Walk off the Earth is something else, 5 people playing one guitar and it sounds amazing. Stripped down songs like this make me happy.


24 thoughts:

  1. What a gorgeous sweater! I love the delicate sleeves. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what kind of lipstick are you wearing? i absolutely adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you so look like j-lo! does this mean yo're all moved in? sounds like you had a nice weekend with your friends, & your jay. that is a popular song with bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat, necklace(s?) and lipstick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Questions! the lipstick is lovelorn by MAC (it's a bit pinker than these in these pics), not all moved yet, still going to be a few more weeks of back and forth. I just heard that song yesterday, seems I'm always the last to know about these things!

    Thanks for the sweet comments guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely winter outfit, the sweater is so pretty on you. Glad you're able to relax, everyone needs that once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. weekends at home are the best kind sometimes!

    I have a hat similar to that one and wore it for the first time recently... cute, but a bit of a driving hazard for me. I seriously almost merged into 4 cars haha increased blind spots : )


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this entire outfit, but especially the pants and the hat together. A classic look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute!! Love that sweater and hat! And everything really. haha! I love when I drop things and it's totally in slow motion but I can't seem to move. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. girl, I love your coat! Wish to find something like that, maybe I'll check out ebay!

    Thank you for your lovely comment on HBR, I'll continue blogging there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling outfit! I loooove the invention of hats for the exact same reason haha, such a great solution for hair :) and btw that cover song is amazing....I actually like it more than the original by Kimbra and Goyte :P

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, floppy hat! This really gets me in the mood for spring and summer. Floppy hats do that. I'm not sure why.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  13. youre style is fabulous- i LOVE your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this outfit! The faux fur collar, velvet bag, floppy hat and touch of light pink is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That song is everywhere, but I do quite like it. I'll have to check out your link! Love that hat on you, you look so cute!

    http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I cant believe that coat is from H&M! I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh gosh darling you look amazing, i don´t even know what i love most about this look, your amazing hat, coat, flared pants your gorgous lipstick or this fabulous purse!!!
    you are somebody i have to follow;)
    love and kiss,mary
    http://maryloucinnamon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. p.s.: I'm selling my Free People Desert Drifter cardi! Are you interested?

    http://hippiebohoreloaded.blogspot.com/2011/10/autumn-layering-hippie-coat_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look gorgeous! I love the hat and sweater - and well, all of it!

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the sweater!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the jacket! The lining is lovely! I agree, Madonna looks Fab. I think shes in better shape than me and shes twice my age!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger