I need a closet overhaul stat!

Feb 24, 2012


I know that everyone goes through the I-hate-everything-in-my-closet-and-have-nothing-to-wear phase once and awhile; right now that's me. I spent most of the week sorting through my clothes, donating things that I don't wear anymore, (I'm considering putting a few things like this dress on ebay, as long as it's not an arduous process) and organizing the ones I do. Now that I've cleared out a lot of stuff, it's easy to see what I have and what I'm missing. Plus, the floor is visible for the first time in a long time!

I'm really into mustard this season and although it was popular in the blogging world, it didn't seem to be in stores around here. I managed to find this sweater; love the colour but hate the metallic detailing on the cuffs, hence the rolled up sleeves. The hemline of the dress is fun, the back is just a few inches longer than the front, I guess it would be considered a high-low dress.


sweater Banana Republic
dress Blu Moon (Planet Blue)
boots Town Shoes
bag Material Girl
rosaries Vintage

25 thoughts:

  1. You look great! I love this outfit! The mustard color looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are SO SO SO SO PRETTY!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey, I'm right here with you! Last month I did a major cleaning out of my closet and donated a lot of pieces to places like Goodwill. But now, my closet looks empty and I'm wearing the same stuff over and over. A major shopping trip is needed! The mustard looks lovely on you

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you ever need someone to send your clothes to- I am a poor starving college student. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean! When I graduated from my undergrad and started grad school, I ended up doing a major overhaul. I found out that most of the items in my closet were either: not my style, old and wornout, or not appropriate for my age and job anymore. So I've been rebuilding over the last 3 years and its much better. I definitely recommend doing a closet overhaul! It was a lot of fun too :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like the clothes you show, & how you put them together. i guess you'll be going through your closet soon, & overhauling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like what i wear on the blog, it's just I have a lot of things I don't wear/haven't in years and they're taking up space and creating clutter. So those things have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mustard yellow! I wish I owned more but you're right...there isn't much of it in stores so it's difficult to grab a hold of. The few items I do own in that shade I keep! =)

    I really adore this look. The sweater works so well with that dress! =)

    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just go ahead and send me your whole wardrobe please.mmmkay thanks. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mustard colour of the cardigan, looks amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bloggers are crazy for yellow and high-low these days so I'm sure if you decide to sell some girl will snatch them up. It's funny how we can look at a blogger who's feeling uninspired and think - is she crazy?! She's got so much. I'd invite a stylish friend over and have her come up with a few outfits in your closet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dress. It will be a very versatile piece going into Spring. I love how you paired it with the mustard sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am DYING over the dress ANNNND the cardigan! I love mustard too! It makes my eyes look weird, I think. (They are hazel). I would love that dress with a red cardigan for NC State games! :) Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. please don't ditch the dress, you look so good in it! I go through phases of hating my closet often. I currently have a storage issue. Without enough space, its hard to see everything I have and as a result, I wear the same few things waay too often!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I looovee purging my clothes! I actually take mine to recycled clothing stores like Crossroads and then use the money to get store credit and get new clothes. :) But that dress is super cute on you! You should keep it! Thanks so much for visiting my blog! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know exactly how you feel, I'm right there at the moment! I'm so tired of my winter clothes but it's still too early to unpack my spring and summer wardrobe and start culling, assessing and then finally buying the pieces I need. Love your outfit, that mustard is pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving every single one of your outfits! Your Gorg! Following you :)

    http://fashionroll.net

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are adorable. Keep the dress. You look WAY too cute in it. Sorry to throw a wrench in your clean up process.

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hello. That was so sweet. It's nice to meet you.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been meaning to do a closet overhaul and get things off my hangers via ebay, but it always seems so daunting! Let us know if you do end up ebaying things - loved to see them and see how you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the striped dress. Maybe you could try layering a skirt under the dress to get a little more mileage, and play with the hi/lo hemline?

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a great color on you. No stockings in the snow, now that is admirable. Adorable and laid back. Have a great day. Thanks for dropping in. Dawn Suitcase vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so gorgeous! I LOVE your outfit, especially that coat! And beautiful pics hun! You are beautiful! :)

    LB
    x0x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  23. love this look! im totally doing the same thing to my closet this week. I go through the same exact feelings and they suck, but i love finding new ways to wear old things <3
    xo alax

    www.gypsyriot.blogspot.com

    ps-your absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger