in the winter

Jan 8, 2012

coat & jewellery Vintage, tights American Apparel, shirt Club Monaco,
skirt Talula (Aritzia) 

This is one of my favourite coats, mainly because it has a hood and it's super warm. I usually bust it out when the temperature drops to -20, but it wasn't that cold when these pics were taken don't worry! I wore it to Ottawa last weekend because it's always freak'in cold there! We met up with friends and saw Electric Six play at a sketchy, sketchy bar. 

I was a bit nervous to see Electric Six live, their songs are good but the music videos are a bit... crazy! Turns out they're a really fun band to see live and totally got into the New Years Eve festivities. Decked out in retro suits and sun glasses, they stopped their high energy show mid-song to count down the seconds till 2012. Then at the end of the night the lead singer walked around and gave out massive bear hugs to unsuspecting fans, myself included!  

ottawa at night, friends, electric six show



24 thoughts:

  1. So beautiful and looks like you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fab time and love your coat too, happy new year my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that coat! I have one super similar and it's by far my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coat is so amazing! I love it. Looks like you had a really fun NYE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm ... super snuggly coat! Glad you had fun despite the sketchy bar. Sometimes those make for the best nights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a stellar night, & way to ring in the new year! of course you coaat is class. is it faux or real fur?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! (except for the sketchiness of the bar. haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look like a little snow leopard! love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. your coat is amazing!

    love, jamie
    @ jamielechic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely outfit! That coat will definitely come in handy here in Ottawa! It was frigin cold last week - but this week isn't suppose to be so bad. As long as the wind from off the canal doesn't get too cold :) Hope you're enjoying Ottawa!

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  11. The coat is so fantastic! I dream of finding one like yours

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  12. @teddi, it's faux fur, but still really warm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Katherine, looks like you had a blast! And I bet up in Canada you absolutely HAVE to have a warm coat! How fun to have gotten the bear hug! My daughter and I were just talking about "something about a guy in a band!" LOL By the way, LOVED your comment on my blog regarding being a lady!! you nailed it! Hugs to you! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the fur coat! And the red lipstick looks great on you! You're in Canada?! That's so fun! I can't believe it's +1 in Winnipeg today! Feels like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great coat, looks lovely on you and really cosy too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, that coat is amazing! Happy new Year. -xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks like fun! I remember going to shows in sketchy bars and having a blast (am I making myself sound like a million years old right now? - 'cause I kind of am, in sketchy bar years heheh).

    You look gorgeous! I love your coat.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  18. awesome coat, really!

    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks like you had fun!! And I love your coat!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous coat, even more so Cox it looks solo warm and cosy. Me and hubs love electric six, they seem hilarious. Would have loved to have seen them live. Glad they were good and u had a Fab time x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your style!
    I'm now following you , do the same if you like:
    WWW.FASHIONSCARFBOY.COM
    Kisses Andy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger