braved heat from sleeping in the snow, in uniforms we never learn to outgrow

Jan 28, 2012

Things have been crazy around here, I've been living out of a suitcase and lately I feel like my car is my second home. Jay's been travelling a lot for his job and I come with him when I can, plus we're in the process of finding a new place in Ottawa, getting ready to move etc it feels like we're constantly on the go.

I'm haven't been the best packer because I'm getting tired of packing/unpacking constantly. I find myself tossing my favourite things in a suitcase along with some random basics and hope for the best!!! I always seem to forget something though, this time it was shoes and my hockey skates. dammit!!

I did however remember to pack this 'pleated' skirt that I love, it's really a mini skirt with panels of material sewn over top. It's great because the pleats don't get wrecked from sitting down or from being balled up in a suitcase, bonus! I found it at Zara, which is unusual because every time I get around to that store it's so picked over I can never find my size in anything I like.


skirt Zara
t-shirt Aritzia
coat Silence + Noise (UO)
button up ByCorpus (UO)
tights Calvin Klein
hat Club Monaco

I'm really tired of winter clothes and even though everything's covered in snow outside I've started looking at spring collections online. I ordered these shorts (they're awesome) and these crazy shoes that I can't wait to wear when there's no danger of slipping on ice!

22 thoughts:

  1. I hear you! I'm getting bored with winter clothes too, I've been wearing so many bright colors lately to compensate for the winter blues :( And the weather has been to terrible lately in Ottawa, all this freezing rain is driving me mad! Let's hope spring comes early this year. Great photos! They look really good for being inside :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmett Katherine, you're dealing with winter & on the go packing, so stressful. you look good though. i adore your stacked bracelets, & those booties! your new leopard jc shoes, & girly shorts are going to be fun to wear, for spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable you are. And I love those bracelets! yummy! Hugs girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this outfit! So cute. I wish I could do some shopping! Those shorts are so cute! And I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the bag...where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! And those shoes look great! I can't wait to see what you pair them with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of your winter wear!!! We had maybe 5 - 6 days of winter and THATS IT. Totally stinks. Now its like summer...Summer almost 12 months? stinky. You look really pretty, I love your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, the shoes and shorts you just ordered are AMAZING! I am so excited for Spring, too. Living out of a suitcase sounds hard. Hopefully things will get back to normal for you soon! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tights and the boots, this whole outfit is really cool. Just found your blog and I know what you mean about the whole living out of a suitcase thing, it can be very stressful at times. That's great with all the traveling you're able to keep up with your cute blog! I like your style, following you now

    xoDale

    ReplyDelete
  10. not one thing I don't love about this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, the winter season has outstayed its welcome. I can't wait until spring now, new batch of clothes to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a lovely outfit :) and I really like your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lauren the bag is material girl by maddonna. I use it pretty much eveyday and it's held up really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so darling <3 i wish i looked half as cute as you do in a beanie :) good luck with the house search!! i toss things around my bedroom all the time, im pretty messy. eek! wishing you well darling <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're lucky you've got some snow at least, haha! Well, I'm sure I'd be sick of it after a while but.. no snow here yet. It was 70 degrees the other day, hmm..

    Anyway! I really love your hat. It looks super cozy and warm, and your ring is just lovely. Also you are so very pretty if I may say. You have such a nice xomplexion and hair!~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful outfit!
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see that you are much more skilled at layering than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great look! :> That bag is so cute, also love all the jewellery..

    * ps. Do stop by anytime again / follow <3 I use Bloglovin'

    Satu
    - Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger