The dress that didn't quite work out

Dec 3, 2011


Since I live in the middle of nowhere, I've done most of my holiday shopping online. I ordered this awesome planet blue dress for a Christmas party... and not matter how many times I try it on, it doesn't look right on me! The sleeves are so large it looks almost costumey, and there may have been some Tim Burton jokes from Jay when I asked his opinion lol.

I really like the idea of the dress, how the black lace on the back looks like wings from the front, the colour of it's very festive and it looks fantastic on the model, but I'm stumped on how to make it work for me. No matter how many times I try it on I always end up changing into something else. Maybe taking in the sleeves a little would help, but for now I need to find a different dress!!

Roosevelt Dress

18 thoughts:

  1. that dress is so cool!! it's one of those dresses that not everyone can pull off...but i am sure you can! and you'll look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh that's happened to me a few times. It's the worst, especially when you were really looking forward for that item to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad that it didn't work out :/ The dress looks beautiful and the color is perfect for the holidays. I'm sure you will find a great one though :)

    www.themoptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrr! that's got to be frustrating. it's like when you think you'll wear something all the time, you save for it, then hardly, if ever put it on. i know it won't work immediately, but can you or someone you know cut & hem the sleeves eventually. i'd hate for you to never wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang! That stinks...but you can rock anything...so I know you'll find something awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's frustrating when you order something that doesn't work. :( Can you get a seamstress to do a little miracle work on it? You never know!
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg im dying! this is amazing. the color AND the detail. all u have to do is take it to a seamstress...all it really needs is to be taken in at the armpit down to the wrist! its amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks nice ut I think those sleeves would drive me mad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that sucks when you order something online only to have it dissapoint. Is there a way you can alter the sleeves or kind of make it your own? Or will you be sending it back, a pain in the butt process I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an amazing dress! But sometimes it doesn't work out. I hope you'll find your perfect dress for the holidays.

    http://bohemiandaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I saw that dress on Nasty Gal and totally wanted it. I didn't have the money to buy it though. I am so sorry it didn't work out! I suppose I can see how it might look a little too costumey with those sleeves. I certainly hope you find a way to make it work out for you though! And in the meantime, I'm sure you'll find another gorgeous dress.

    xoxo
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arghhh! Very annoying! It happens me loads. It's a fab dress but it would totally swamp me too. You'll find a replacement!!! xxx

    http://heatherandthyme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this dress, so im going to (eventually!) have it altered. I think if the sleeves were shortened/taken in then it would be wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, this looks REALLY hard to pull off. I would look ridiculous in it...just because I would feel stupid in it. But more power to the girl who can wear it in confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's a cute dress but i can see what you mean about the sleeves. ordering online is so tough because you never know how something will fit. good luck finding the perfect dress!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw a few people on Chictopia wearing this dress and it looked so sexy on! on these pictures I can really see that sleeves are too long, hope you`ll have it altered and it will look great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger