cold as ice

Dec 30, 2011

So I debated for about a millisecond whether or not I should wear heels tonight. We're heading to a new years eve dinner thing shortly and I figured I'd dress up a bit. Despite what you might think from reading this blog, I do own some dress shoes!! I just never wear them, especially in the winter. Between the snow and ice outside,, and melted slush inside it's always more practical to wear boots. At least that's how I justify it! Here's what I wore, even though I still have on boots, technically I'm wearing heels.

skirt, purse, sweater Club Monaco, t-shirt Aritzia, boots Nine West, coat H&M, tights Calvin Klein, belt ?

Tomorrow I'll be in Ottawa for New Year's Eve and I have no idea what I'm wearing! Strangely enough I'm not panicking over this, I figure I'll come up with something. Happy New Years guys & have fun where ever you're celebrating!! Thanks so much for reading, your comments always make my day :)

29 thoughts:

  1. hi there, my dear, loe your look with the boots! I also do own pumps but actually don't wear them ;) Even on New Years Eve, I think I'll go for my beloved burgundy boots. Your Outfit here looks divine.
    Wishing you a wonderful celebration and all the best for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful outfit! I so agree with you on the dress shoes, once it hits winter, it becomes difficult to subject fashion for comfortablity. Have a happy new years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so pretty! I LOVE your coat! Have a great new years! Good luck finding what to wear. I'm sure you'll look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you keep reading, you'll see that I'm frequently prone to accidents. :) Love that skirt & the coat! Great style!

    Maggie B.
    "Finding Myself"
    www.magslifetoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect outfit! I really like it. I love the skirt and the coat :)

    Happy new year!:D

    xo

    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect outfit! I really like it. I love the skirt and the coat :)

    Happy new year!:D

    xo

    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look gorgeous! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also have heels that i don't wear. I know certain dresses or outfits will look better with them but thinking how i'll have to stay on them the whole night/party - erm no :D
    the skirt is very interesting and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cool that you are going to be in Ottawa! I actually live there (but am home on the east coast for the holidays). You should be fine with heels if you're downtown - but it will be pretty windy as usual I expect. Really adoring your ruffly skirt, so perfect for a dressy occasion :) Hope you have a great time!

    I hope you have a fabulous NYE and 2012 <3
    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and me both! I HATE heels ... they look hot ... but actually wearing them? No thanks. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I LOVE the photography on your blog! I just got a big girl camera (Nikon D3100) and am trying to figure my way around. Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Emmett Katherine, you're looking very glam & all dolled up pretty in your shades of grey ensemble! i'm very particular of what kinds of shoes i wear in snow & ice because i don't want to ruin the shoes, nor hurt myself. been there done both. happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That skirt is so lovely ! Cute look, love a lot :>


    Thanks for your comment dear! Stop by anytime again / follow each other. <3

    Happy New Year!

    xx Satu
    Indie by Heart

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year. Very brave to wear this outfit in the snow and ice, I would have about 4 jumpers on. Looks great though.

    Thanks for the link to the interview with Lucy Siegle that you posted on my blog, really interesting. I really must read her book.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ouuuuuuh! so courageous to take pics outside! i gave up on that!
    Lovely, lovely outfit!
    I love Club Monaco, so many pretty things.

    Happy New Year to you!

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooo, you look stunning! That skirt is gorgeous, I'm obsessing over those vertical ruffles. They're really interesting, but in a very pretty sort of way. And your belt is ridiculous. The clasp looks so vintage! I hope you had a delightful time New Year's Eve, and I wish you a wonderful year!

    **kisses**
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Years to you! You look gorgeous - as always.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year! Your skirt is amazing:)

    http://bohemiandaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely skirt!

    xx

    http://theparallelmagazine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! I just vacationed to Ottawa. I loved it there...so beautiful and it was my first trip to Canada!

    ♥ Shia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun belt! Love that and the pop of orange in the lining of your coat.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your make up, simple yet chic and noticeable!

    www.therecordologist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so cute! I really love your skirt. The texture of it is really neat. I'm loving the furry collar on your coat too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fantastic party outfit_ I just love the fluttery skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can I please just have your wardrobe? And your cuteness?? I love this outfit! Totally something I would wear. If I had an awesome sense of stlye ;p

    xo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that belt!! Shame you can't remember where you got it. It actually looks like part of the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your skirt is gorgeous. I love the shot with the inside of the coat showing its beautiful vibrant color. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the dress, and your blog name ;) New follower by way of Girls Love Fried Pickles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger