Shopping: Decisions, Should I or Shouldn't I ???

Nov 17, 2011

Anthropologie Eastward Dress Coat

I finally figured out who made this cute little pink coat! I've seen it on a couple of my favourite bloggers and wondered where it was from. After googling Lauren Moffatt and getting no where, I discovered it on sale on the Anthro site. I was very excited (because who doesn't want a pink coat in their wardrobe??), but after reading the reviews, most of which were negative, I don't know if I should risk ordering it. That's the thing I hate about online shopping. You can never really be sure that whatever you order will work out and returns are such a pain.

The Fancy Treehouse & Rockstar Diaries

The coat looks great on Coury & Naomi, it works well with their individual styles. That's why I love reading blogs, besides discovering things you might not have otherwise, you can see how something looks on different people styled in many different ways. 

Still undecided about the coat though...

32 thoughts:

  1. that coat is super cute. and pretty much everything looks great on you, so i say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes want and beauty override negativity. It's like a pair of shoes, they hurt your feet but you look faboo in them. I probably shouldn't say this but if it doesn't work out, have someone make it into a cute messenger bag..lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really think it would suit you very well. Love the little printed detail on the hem. Take!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I love it, and I'm a new reader to your blog...but from what I've seen so far, I think you could totally rock it!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think its gorgeous! and if you like it enough that you remember seeing it on multiple bloggers and then went through the trouble to find out where its from - i think you almost owe it to your wardrobe to own it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHOULD! It's so unusual and unique. Definitely a statement piece.

    Although...what's the price on it? Because there are limits...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are persuading me to get it! It's a resonable price for a fall coat, under $80. I was just worried it would be ill fitting but I might have to do it anyways!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES! You should! It is on sale here and after this post, I think I'm gonna go buy it!!!

    xoxo Denise

    http://allthingsnew-denise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I say get it. Its super cute and reasonable priced. If you dont love it maybe you could sell it on ebay?

    Last day to enter my Shabby Apple Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I personally think that if you have doubts that you shouldnt but at the same time the coat is too adorable esp with the little pattern on the bottom and just the overall shape. What specifically in the negative previews is troubling?

    ReplyDelete
  11. how much do you love it Emmett Katherine? did you know the blogger elsie larson did an outfit post on that exact same coat too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. @vintageD I'm mainly worried it won't fit across my chest properly. A lot of reviews said it was ill fitting and unflattering... But I think it looks really good!

    @Teddi, I think it's a fabulous coat, I LOVE IT (probably too much lol) it reminds me of the pink/maroon embroidered coat Anna sui did for anthro that I missed out on :( & no I didn't know a beAutiful mess had posted it, or i would have included her in this post!! I'm very busy today and behind on my blog reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elsie from a beautiful mess has this coat too. I definitely think you should get it. It's really gorgeous :).

    Sarah
    xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. the coat is wonderful! I would say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very very pretty coat but I feel the same way I am very iffy about ordering online, scares me a bit because things never seem to fit then I have to go through the hassel of returning it.

    -V

    PS: Giveaway on my blog http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I say get it! So you'll have no regrets. You can return it. But I doubt it goes back! LOL
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should....how can this coat have negatives??? It's a unique garment and if you took the time to search for it and its been heavy on your mind, GET IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. go for it! it is so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Go for it!!! If bloggers are wearing it, then ALL of the reviews aren't bad, right?

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is super cute. can't wait to see what you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's gorgeous and a good price! I doesn't hurt that I love Lauren Moffat. :) Most of the complaints on the coat were about the itchy collar, I wonder if you could get it lined or something.

    Jenn
    The Suburb Experiment

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was kind of unsure about it on the mannequin but seeing it styled on the two girls below, it's gorgeous. I def think you should go for it!

    And you asked on my blog where I go to uni, I go to Queen's =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i think you should get it!! Especially since it's on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Get it! How could you not love it?! It looks like perfection! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love love love the coat but I'm always uneasy about online shopping (nothing ever seems to fit me properly!) Plus as a fellow Canadian it's my duty to remind you of how cold our winters get-just sayin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, the coat is simply wonderful :x I think you should buy it - it adds just the right amount of color during this cold seson :*

    ReplyDelete
  27. k i absolutely love it! like really! i want it now haha

    ReplyDelete
  28. I´m not a fan of pink but that coat looks AWESOME! It´s so Audrey Hepburn style. totally yes! peace

    http://lovelyboheme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I say go for it, the coat is beautiful! And, after all, if it's really bad quality or not your style when you try it on you can always return it.

    Sorcha x
    Bonfire Brunette

    ReplyDelete
  30. Everyone's body is different, so ill-fitting is not a review you can use without more detail. Remember... moving buttons, or having a coat altered by a tailor, can work wonders.

    Ex: I'm hippy, with a huge bottom. So if an iten fits in the shoulders and hips... I buy it. I ALWAYS have the get the waist taken in.

    Hmmm... it's been awhile since I've discussed alterations on my blog. Maybe I should revisit the subject?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the colour and design of the coat. I think how something fits depends on your shape. Can you try it on and send it back if no good?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I own this jacket too! It is my favorite!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger