Outfit: Spinning Laughing Dancing to Her Favorite Song

Nov 28, 2011

cardigan Club Monaco, dress American Apparel, boots Steve Madden, belt, coat, clutch Vintage

There's something tricky about professional cameras that I hadn't realized. I knew they'd be bulky and annoying to lug around, and that if I dropped mine (like I did with my last 2 cameras) it would be a long time before it got replaced. What I didn't count on was that it would be so difficult for other people to use!! Over the weekend I brought my trusty little Nikon with me pretty much everywhere. When someone offered to take a group shot, I'd put the camera in auto, explain how to focus, hand over my camera... yet all the pictures turned out blurry. Now I totally understand why people have both a point and shoot and an slr!

On the positive side I did get to use my camera lots, including taking pictures of my friend's darling little baby. She's down with her husb visiting family and although this blog isn't about babies, I couldn't resist sharing my favourite photo from the weekend :)


44 thoughts:

  1. Love that dress on you. It's so perfect the way you've styled it! And I understand the problems with getting other people to take pictures, I really never thought that an SLR was hard to use. That was, until I tried to show my boyfriend how to use it, in the beginning. So many blurry pictures but now he's getting better haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing combination! Love the dress so much:D
    http://angeliquedama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your outfit. The dress...the coat....the color of your nails. AWESOME!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look positively gorgeous! I love this so much. :) Aw that last picture is the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a sucker for babies! That photo is just so sweet. I also am loving your dress. Really pretty! And those boots are super badass. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so so cute!! And that is my worry w getting a nice camera... If I broke it that would be it. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress and the way you styled it! So cute. And that coat is to die for.

    xo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah okay so your blog is adorable! loving everything about this outfit. where did you get this nail polish. Also that pink coat in the last post that taza has? soo coveting that right now. love it
    xoxo haley

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Haley Rogers, the nail polish is 'apple of my eye' by L'Oreal & I love the pink coat too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress and clutch! I dropped my boyfriend's Nikon SLR a few weeks ago and it broke in two - I felt sick! It's unfixable so we're upgrading. Love the outfit and great shots. xxx

    http://heatherandthyme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your friends baby is so adorable. Look at those eyes! Beautiful. I love your dress. I think it is so sweet. And your accessories are charming! :)
    http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wrote a nice long comment and then blogger ate it so I have to start over!

    Anyways, thanks for stopping by my blog. You have quite the stylish blog here. You look like one of those lucky people who look good in ANYTHING!!

    Love the baby picture too. I have a slr camera and a point and shoot. It's SO much easier to get a stranger to take a picture with the point and shoot versus the very nice expensive Cannon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great dress - those 2 colors are great together

    ReplyDelete
  14. i like the colors in your outfit! oh sweet little one. it's your blog girl, you can show whatever you want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. thanks for commenting on my blog<3 I love yours and your outfit is super cute. I have the same issue with my camera - no one gets how to use it, even on auto mode!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the dress, it looks fab with that cardigan and boots. I also love your choice of a brown woven belt. :)
    New follower!
    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you put this all together! The coat has such a fabulous 70s vibe!! Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  18. you look so sweet, like a modern Audrey Hepburn with boots, hahah and that coat with fur is just fab. beautiful pictures, darling. peace

    http://lovelyboheme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. if i am repeating myself sorry, but you have such a nice blog, your coat is gorgeous and it is ok to have a baby picture once a while, this one is so adorable!

    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  20. The textures in this outfit are so wonderful! And the baby is mighty cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the belted cardigan with the dress. What a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your friend's baby is too adorable! I love your outfit-that clutch is incredible and I love the accessories. Hmmm I'm hoping to get a semi pro camera for Christmas-hopefully I'll get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. k gorgeous gorgeous outfit. i LOVE the colors.
    and you are just darling.

    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  24. damn I love this outfit! Especially the coat

    ReplyDelete
  25. No one besides me and Mr. A has any idea how to use our camera. It's hilarious, actually.

    I love the belt with this outfit. It really helps you keep your shape.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  26. One of my absolute favorite dresses, and it's gorgeous paired with that sweater and jacket.

    xo

    sydaaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Found you via FBFF. Love this layered look! I'm at the point where I'm considering investing in more of a pro camera but I do still lovey point and shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That coat is the bomb! (Am I dated by saying that? oh well, gotta love vintage or retro chic.)

    ReplyDelete
  29. your outfit is adorable! love the blue of the boots and cardi and the dress is so lovely!
    and the lil one is so cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love the subtle pinky-beige color, the lace top, and the texture of the clutch together. The delicate color really allows the differing textures to shine

    ReplyDelete
  31. amazing outfit!!!!!!!!!i love the norah jones title !!!!
    xxx
    naiad
    http://stateofgracebynaiad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh. my. goodness I am obsessed with this outfit! Might have to steal some ideas as I have the same dress in lavender!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. The dress is absolutely just gorgrous and I love that winter coat!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Gorgeous outfit! A friend of mine bought that same AA dress and she loves it. This post is making me very jealous, and I'm wondering if I should go buy one too :P

    Tasia
    http://rufflesandsequins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. i absolutely love this outfit. it's so delightful! love your blog! too cute!

    jemmza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Your style is truly amazing. that coat is vintage heaven!!
    Rachel :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous outfit! It looks so put-together yet effortless. Beautiful images too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger