Outfit: Prepster

Nov 10, 2011


It's such a small world, you never know what the day will bring! Tonight I was in Ottawa for a craft beer event and Jay (I'm not the only one who has Internet friends!) got to meet some of his online buddies for the first time. Who knew being a craft beer consumer was so intense?! Listening to these guys swap stories of the best places to get obscure brew (like the IGA in Potsdam NY) and hassles at the border (getting flagged as an ebay seller and getting charged commercial duties even when it's all for yourself) was entertaining to say the least. There were even a few sketchy movemeber staches going on!

Here's what I wore all day, not something I'd typically wear. The only reason I bought this blazer was because it was brand new and at a thrift shop, therefore super cheap! I always like the look of blazers on other people but I'm not sure I like them on me, I always feel so serious when wearing them!

blouse Club Monaco, blazer Ralph Lauren, boots Jeffrey Campbell, tights Joe Fresh, bag Material Girl

30 thoughts:

  1. beautiful! :) I love those green boots so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous. this outfit makes the blazer look fun, not serious at all. in fact, i might totally copy this look! ha! i cannot believe you found that awesome blazer brand new at the thrift store. lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this outfit. I'm totally knocking it off to recreate - thanks for the inspiration!!!

    merci,
    Shannan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it looks super cute! I love that you bought it just because it was new. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so gorgeous! That blazer looks awesome on you too. You definitely pull it off! ;)

    xo,
    jessie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look super cute :)))
    Thanks for your nice comment!


    Bisou bisous,
    Step On My Heelz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy moly, girl...you are so gorgeous! I love my polka dot tights like this...they go with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so creative, you make me want to be not pregnant so I could wear these kinds of outfits without looking ridiculous haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I love dots! your shirts and tights! you look so great! overall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red jacket and polka dot blouse looks beautiful and so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the first coat.. Haha must have been an interesting conversation to listen to!

    All the best, ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love, love, love that red blazer. What a great little find? and red and polka dots are a great combo....but what i am really obsessed with is:

    1. Those shorts. The fit is so perfect. I have the hardest time with cutoffs.

    3. Those boots. Pure hotness.

    Have a great weekend!

    xoxo
    Eboni Ife'

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in love with your red blazer and the polka dot top underneath. I like the way you style/accessorize. I also wouldn't mind having the black coat in the first image. Ps- you are beautiful. Great blog! - Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know what you mean! I'm quite colour shy, so almost all my blazers are black and I always look more formal than I want :(
    This red one is really fun though, such a great find!

    www.monochromemagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's like 2 separate outfits with & without the black coat. either way you look just as pretty as you always do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your styling is perfection! Simply love it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your style! I'm now following you through bloglovin'!

    xoxo, Femke On the Button

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for your comment on my post. I love the poncho I only bought it the other day, and it's rarely off my back....I'm a big cardigan fan and the poncho just seemed so much more sophisticated and still did the job of keeping me warm.

    As for this post. The red blazer and spotty top combination are fantastic, they are such a cute edge to the whole outfit and really stand out against each other. Fabulous outfit.

    Jess x

    http://jellybbean.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. beautiful emmett...

    eastwestlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. loving both of these outfits! especially the shorts with tights, i should really get up the guts to pull off this look :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This outfit rocks! I love the shorts w/ tights...the polka dots...the red...so awesome :)

    Annie
    http://www.othersideofgray.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a great outfit. I love the autumnal tones and spots are my favorite. Also your hair rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the looks! the furry coat is to die for and that red blazer is great thrifted find. your polka dots are so cute and i'm loving LOVING those JC boots!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this blouse - bow tie neck and polka dots...what an amazing combination! And you look great in your blazer.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love how your hair looks in these photos!

    Thanks for swinging by my blog, hope to see you again!

    X Mandy

    http://mandykoster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. The blazer looks awesome on you! Don't ne silly :) love how you styled it with the sheer, polka blouse and cut off shorts

    ReplyDelete
  27. I adore the black jacket! I have so many posts to catch up on! Some amazing outfits and your photos really stand out! I can totally tell a difference from a few months ago! You definitely chose the right camera, you look gorgeous in every shot :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger